ACCOUNT LIMITED NEED HELP SOLVING

Aaronhowell28
Hi all, New to this, never used the community before until now. I shall be phoning PayPal tomorrow in hope to resolve this. So, my issue is with my account having been limited. I urgently need to solve this and get back up and running with eBay. My account was created nearly a year ago, I’ve never had any issues with this account and have always paid such fees on PayPal or refunded any customers, I have also fully verified the account with my ID ect.. So the problem is, I was in a car accident last year. Which in turn ended up giving me memory loss issues. Having recovered, I got myself back on my feet having lost my job and decided to create a PayPal and eBay account. I have worked has this here trying to build both accounts up and gain trust. Everything was going well, no issues at all, both my PayPal and eBay in good standing order. Yesterday I was then limited, as PayPal has linked me to 3 old accounts which I can’t remember having at all. Wether PayPal will believe me or not I really don’t know. I can show full proof of various hospital letters and a variety of different things as to why I can’t remember having a account before. One or more of these accounts have a negative balance, wether that is £50 or £500 I honestly don’t know. I currently have a lot of stock which I was selling on eBay running up to Christmas that I now have no way of selling. I have also just sold a lot of items within the last few days, have nearly 2.5k in my PayPal account. £400 needs to be taken from that for eBay fees, and another £300 was used for postage! Plus a certain amount of that money was originally my money from purchasing the stock. I couldn’t cancel the orders as one it would have destroyed my reputation with eBay, and I had also already sent the items off. With regards to having the nagative balance on the other accounts, I would be more than happy to settle the amount tomorrow and have those accounts shut down if they are all in fact mine, I’m unable to log into the accounts as I don’t remember passwords any any information about them. I have honestly tried my best to build a small business over the past year, I have been honest with everything, always paying fees and answering any questions PayPal ask me. I simply just want to continue to use PayPal, and pay any balances I owe from the past. I can not afford to have 2.5k tied up in this account either, and I’m really concerned as I want to continue to use PayPal and eBay. I didn’t know wether to ask here first or call PayPal. May I add that I’ve read online, some forms, that PayPal entice you to pay the nagative balance and then simply shut your account down, that of course I want to avoid and I’m happy to do anything I have to do I can continue to use PayPal. If anyone could please help me with any advice to sort this then please do, it’s coming up to Christmas I have a family to provide for and I simply can not afford to have all this money tied up in the account and in stock I won’t be able to sell now. Thank you in advance for any information able to be provided!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aaronhowell28

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.