A dispute when I've obviously been scammed...

allysmoma
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a claim because I couldn't get a reply from the seller. Several email addresses, fake phone number and address. Website was also a fake, which I discovered after researching - which I should have done FIRST. Lesson learned.

The seller did reply to PayPal after I filed my dispute/claim. Seller provided a tracking number that showed it was delivered. PayPal closed the case and found in favor of seller. I contacted UPS and they verified (have it in writing) that it was NOT delivered to MY address. PayPal address is correct but UPS can't tell me where the package was delivered, can only verify it was NOT delivered to MY home address. UPS told me to contact seller. Shocking, they won't reply to my attempted communications.
I am looking, also, for confirmation of WHAT item was shipped. UPS states the item shipped to the WRONG address weighed just 0.90 lbs. However, I ordered a swing set (also see attachment), which would have weighed well over 0.90 lbs.
It's obvious I have been scammed but I can't reopen this claim, even though I have documentation of my communication with UPS and photos of what I ordered.
What are my options at this point? Am I **bleep**? Maybe file a claim with my credit card company?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Shellijade
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing just happened to me. I filed a dispute this morning. I ordered a Scooter for my daughter (with her allowance which makes it worse) on July 17th.  I received no order confirmation from the site (red flag #1) I received the payment confirmation from paypal on July 18th at which time the tracking number was attached.  Tracking showed that it had been delivered on the same day and same time that I had placed the order. I have emailed the seller 3 times with the response of " your package has been shipped, please be patient" no information about why my tracking says its already been delivered. Nothing.  This is just awful that all of us are getting scammed and I have a feeling we are not going to be seeing my daughters allowance returned.

Login to Me Too

Jimmy209
Contributor
Contributor

i had  the same problem, ordered a gopro 5 black remanufactured from chen jianlong and i got 3 disposable facemasks cost me $69.95, dispute was denied because seller provided tracking number to paypal and they paid, shipping label description was handkerchief, appealing decision now but won't hold my breath as jumping through hoops trying, reading all these complaints, paypal are aware of these scams but probably get paid by seller commission. this whole debacle needs a class action lawsuit

Login to Me Too

Abdul51
Totally agree. I go via PayPal because it's a recognised trusted brand and as such expect it to only partner with legimate businesses. Unfortunately I've learned to my cost that a business using PayPal payment option is not the sign of a legitimate business. Paypal should be investigating claims against such businesses and suspend those accounts if the claims by customers is substantiated. Also Paypal has no appeals process and the outcome of their "Resolution" centre is sometimes illogical and defys common sense as many people here are pointing out. Sadly Paypal is continuing to facilitate scammers and in the process damaging it's religion Paypal is no longer a trusted brand in my eyes.
Login to Me Too

rrickers
Contributor
Contributor
Contact the shipping company and tell request from them a form showing the tracking number, ship from location and the ship to address. They will provide it as they are sick of these scams!! PayPal makes you jump through hoops. Once you have that send it through the PayPal contact messenger. Good luck!!
Login to Me Too

Spike11
Two transactions in July, different vendor names, but turned out to be the same vendor. California based. Respond to complaints by saying they’ve “shipped” , but they’ve hacked your address with USPS and send a shipping number for something you’ve ordered from some other vendor. Their phone mailbox is always full and the email address (always a Yahoo address) is unreachable or non-existent or cancelled. My bank traced the vendor to a CA phone number, but again no response. “Ghost” vendor. I lost $196.00 this way. I’m not the only one and PayPal will only investigate through the resolution center. Rampant Fraud and Security Breach.
Login to Me Too

rrickers
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up getting a full refund. The USPS is sick of this and they worked with me! They actually would like everyone to report it! This needs to end!

Login to Me Too

AMKB
New Community Member

I am in the same situation that you reported.  I purchased an ice machine and without knowing, it was coming from China.  It's been 4 months already and I haven't received my item.  I tried dealing with the seller but they kept telling me to be patient because of the epidemic and all.  I've received other items from overseas without a problem, why this one?  Then I received a cheap watch in the mail from the seller asking to accept the gift for all my troubles.  It's not even worth $5.  I told them I wanted a full refund, and they are trying to negotiate with me by offering me 35% of my money back but I can keep the watch.  PayPal closed this issue out saying the seller showed them proof the item was delivered to me.  Well, I'd like to see that proof because nothing has been delivered.  I happened to keep the packaging from the watch and looked up the address.  It took me directly to a page of over 200 complaints in regards to the same issue I have with receiving the ice machine.  These people also received watches or toothbrushes.  Now if this isn't a scam, I don't know what a scam is.  And I can't believe PayPal took their word for it after I have given them all kinds of evidence, and even gave them the address of the complaints that are the same as mine.  I'm at a loss for words right now.  My money doesn't come easy to me, and this hurts like hell.  Thanks PayPal for being there for me and the many others who are being scammed on a daily basis.  Keep these people off you payment system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.