Lefty12208
New Community Member
Dispute I bought something that was Way underpriced I took a chance now PayPal says that it was delivered it was not the case is closed what can I do
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Lefty12208 

Thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  I'm sorry to hear that your dispute was closed in favor of the merchant how ever you never received the item.  First let me tell you that my response will be based on what i read on your post as well as on my experience here in PayPal as customer support because currently i do not have the visual on your account right now.  Let me guide you as to how a dispute process works, let's take your case, you file a dispute as "Item never received" what happen there was we give a fair chance to the merchant to get their side of the story, they have 20 days to reply on your dispute. Now Merchant presented a tracking number in which PayPal will just check if the item was delivered on the same address provided on the transaction, once they check on the carrier's website that is was "Delivered" and the address is same as what was on the transaction our back office will decide as "Case Closed" in favor of the merchant.  But the process does not stop there as we are now giving the Buyer an option to appeal the decision wherein buyer will ask to reopen the case, during the appeal process we are also giving buyer enough time at least 3 days up to 10 days to submit compelling evidence to support their claim that the item was never deliver, in case the evidence is valid then our back office will reverse the case into the buyers favor and issue refund.  

Hope this information helps you understand the process.  

Now in regards to this case, no need to worries as PayPal will give you a fair chance to appeal on this case, all you have to do is contact our customer service.  I know your question will be how to get in touch with them since all the phone lines is closed.  PayPal find a new ways to assist our customer and this is via Chat.  How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which you could interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account.  Once you get hold of a customer service rep kindly advise them that you are filing an appeal for a case that was close.  Hope that i was able to assist you on this matter.  Stay Safe and God Bless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.