fraudulent account

Pathmosis
Contributor
Contributor

Someone opened up a credit card account in my name. I only signed up for Paypal after I got a letter saying that I had a credit card with them 3/22. I have not linked a card to my new account. What do I do about this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Pathmosis 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the
pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. Since our phone lines are not accessible at the moment due to the worldwide pandemic crisis, we have an
available chat support option that can help you on that problem. Just login on your PayPal account, go to Message Center. Then choose the option for Chat. Our friendly customer support teammates are willing to assist you.

I managed to attach a link here that might help you regarding with your query:

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-avoid-unauthorized-account-access-faq3861?app=s...

Hope this will help you, stay safe now and God Bless!

Login to Me Too

Pathmosis
Contributor
Contributor

Okay my wife was able to cancel the credit card using the phone. I do owe like $1 so that's good. I also put in a fraud alert on my credit through eqafax online. Im just worried that this person can just open another credit card. I assume they have my social. I guess that is needed to opened up a credit card. Thanks for your help. If you have anything else please let me know!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.