Never received my $10 coupon/gift certificate

cheesecake104
Contributor
Contributor

A while back I got an email that said if I list and sell and receive payment for an item within a certain time frame that I would receive a $10 coupon deposited into my PayPal account.  Well, I did what it said and I have yet to receive it.  I can't find anywhere else I could ask about it but here.  Anyone know what I can do abou this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

I'm assuming this is a credit from eBay, or is it from another website? 

If it's from eBay, you might start out by contacting them to verify that you met the requirements and the credit is scheduled to be delivered.  Offers such as this often have payout periods, which might not be for some time, or it may simply be a credit against your selling and final value fees. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

cheesecake104
Contributor
Contributor

1.  Yes, it was supposed to be a gift certificate from eBay deposited directly into my PayPal account. 

2.  I can not, after numerous attempts, find anywhere on eBay to contact anyone regarding this.  They just told me to         contact PayPal. I have no idea where to look on eBay.  I have tried every link...... to no avail.

3.  The email I got said to "List and Sell between Aug. 10 and Sept. 10 and get a $10 gift certificate"  I did that, and I meet all the criteria.  I was supposed to get it up to 15 days after the listing period ended.  It is way past that.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to give me.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

cheesecake104,

To be honest, at this point I'm very, very much scratching my head.  We maintain a database of all the promotions PayPal and eBay offers, and while I have found several coupons or other promotions, I haven't found one that hinged on selling an item to receive $10.  I'll do some more checking and let you know what I find out. 

In the meantime, do you still have the message in your eBay inbox?  If so, can you post a link to the terms and conditions?  That would be uber, uber helpful.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

cheesecake104
Contributor
Contributor
Who's Eligible?
From August 10, 2011, at 12:01AM PT, through September 10, 2011, at 11:59PM PT, invited registered eBay users who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible to earn one (1) $10 eBay Gift Certificate when they complete one bona fide and proper listing and sale of one (1) item on eBay.com ("List and Sell Promotion"). The listing of the item must occur between August 10, 2011, and September 10, 2011 ("Listing Period"), and the sale of the item must occur between August 10, 2011, and September 20, 2011 ("Sell Period"), in order to be eligible to earn the $10 eBay Gift Certificate. Sorry, no forwarding--this offer is not transferable.

When is it?
The List and Sell Promotion starts on Wednesday, August 10, 2011, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second), and will end on Tuesday, September 20, 2011, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

Which listing formats are eligible?
Only Auction-style formats eligible.

What is excluded?
The List and Sell Promotion does not apply to (i) any item which is listed and purchased by the seller, and (ii) any listing with a start date prior to August 10, 2011--including listings revised during the Listing Period.

How do I earn the $10 Gift Certificate?
Eligible participating sellers who comply with all of the terms of this List and Sell Promotion will receive a $10 eBay Gift Certificate deposited into their PayPal account within fifteen (15) days after the Listing Period ends. The eBay Gift Certificate is not transferable. Limit of one (1) eBay Gift Certificate per eligible, participating seller. Additional terms apply. See http://giftcertificates.ebay.com/terms.html.

List FREE, always--up to 50 Auction-style items each month.
Additional optional Feature fees apply when used. 9% final value fee applied to the total amount of the sale--including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge (for example, engraving or gift wrapping), excluding any sales tax. Does not apply to eBay Store subscribers and Vehicle categories on eBay Motors.

Learn More to protect yourself from Spoof (fake) e-mails.

eBay Inc. sent this e-mail to you at xxxxxxxxxx because your Notification Preferences
indicate that you want to receive information about Newsletters, Promotions & Events.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you so, so much!  I should be able to track it down from that and make sure it's taken care of properly.  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Login to Me Too

cheesecake104
Contributor
Contributor

I received the deposit.  Thank you so much, Adrian!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Excellent!  Thank you for the follow up!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

sivad12
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian,

I am so glad that I saw this posting.  I listed an item to receive the $10 in eBay bucks during the eligibility period.  Would you be so kind as to look into why I did not receive my credit as well.

Thanks!

eBay user id: keatad

Login to Me Too

takam
Contributor
Contributor

I've got same problem. Spoke with Liz at PayPal and assured me that I'll get the $10 certificate by 10/5 with no avail.  Can you help?  My ebay user id is B5taka.

$10 Ebay Promo

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.