Community FAQ

PayPal_Olivia

Hello everyone!  Below is a quick FAQ for common questions about the PayPal Community Help Forums.  

Q:        What is the PayPal Community Help Forum?
A:
         It’s a place where PayPal members can ask questions to be answered by other members, share experiences, and discover new ideas about topics related to PayPal.  Whether you’re new to PayPal or a seasoned member, you’ll find useful information on a wide range of topics.  If you require immediate assistance, assistance directly from PayPal, or account specific information, please contact customer service. You can find contact options by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.  Another alternative is to reach out to our PayPal Facebook page.

Q:         Where do I find the PayPal Community Help Forum?
A:
         Here's a direct link to the PayPal Community Help Forum.  Alternatively, click "Ask the Community" on the Contact Us page or "Community Help Forum" on the Help Center page found by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. If you want to add your comments or share your ideas, please log in to the Community using your PayPal email address and password!

Q:         How do I log in to the PayPal Community Help Forums?
A:
         Log in to your PayPal account and click "Ask the Community" on the Contact Us page or "Community Help Forum" on the Help Center page found by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. Or you could use this direct link to the Community Help Forum; you'll be prompted to log in using your PayPal email address and password.

Q:         What are the policies for interacting on the forums? 
A:         
View the full details in our Rules and Guidelines.

Q:         How do I start a new discussion topic?
A:         
Click “Post a topic” on the home page and complete the form.

Q:         How do I find a topic?
A:         
Enter your search information in the search box and click “Search.”

Q:         How do I post a new message or reply to a topic?
A:         
Click “Help the community” at the top of the main Community page. You’ll find topics with no replies listed there. You can also find posts by browsing each of the boards individually in the Community's board structure. Click “Reply to topic” to add your post to an existing topic. 

Q:        I found a topic, but I can’t reply to it/I can’t post to a board.  Why can’t I reply or post?
A:        The topic is locked.  Check out this article for more information on locked boards and posts.

Q:         What do I do if I see a post that's inappropriate?
A:         
We actively review the forum, but we also appreciate your assistance in reporting any issues that may occur.  Here’s how to report inappropriate content:

Click the topic and hover over the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner.
             Click "Report Inappropriate content."
             Complete the form and click "Notify Moderator."

Q:         How can I help if I know the answer to a question posed by another member?
A:         
The Community is all about sharing information with each other! You’re encouraged to answer questions to help other members. Just make sure you don’t ask for or provide account information or other personally identifiable information.  

Q:         What if my question doesn’t fit into one of the forum categories?
A
:         Give it your best shot in the “Ask the Community” section. We’ve placed descriptions for each of the categories to help assist you in locating the best place to ask a question. 

Q:         What information should I share in my post if my question is specifically about my PayPal account?
A:
         For your safety, please don’t share account details like email addresses, your full name, passwords, bank account information, credit card information, or other personally identifiable information on the forum.  If you require immediate assistance, assistance directly from PayPal, or account specific information, please contact customer service. You can find contact options by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.  Another alternative is to reach out to our PayPal Facebook page.

Q:         Are there PayPal employees on the forum? 
A
:         Yes, you’ll find PayPal employees on the forum.  PayPal employees are identified by the PayPal logo next to their user IDs:

new P.jpg

Q:        Why didn’t an employee answer my question?
A:        
The PayPal Community Help Forum is designed for members to assist other members.  PayPal employees focus primarily on maintaining the forums, but they will jump in and answer questions from time to time.  For more information, check out this article.

Q:         Why was my post deleted or moderated, or why was I suspended? 
A
:         We actively review the forum and remove posts that are against PayPal policies. Depending on the circumstances, we may suspend users for violating the policies.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.