PayPal UK Community Chat – 02/08/2017

PayPal_david
Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 2nd of August between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 2nd of August. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_david

Hey @Prolecata

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here. It sounds to me as though there is a negative balance on your PayPal account. If you can see an additional £1.32 being added to a transaction when you are sending a payment, there may have been a failed payment from your bank account recently or there could have been a case filed.

If you could please try checking the 'Activity' page on your PayPal account in order to determine if you can see what exactly has happened here. You should also try checking the Resolution Centre on PayPal to see if there are any open claims showing on your account.

Hey @Paula4221

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing when trying to send a payment through your account. If you are receiving this error message when trying to send a payment, could you please try reaching out to your bank or card issuer directly and they can look into this further on your behalf? It sounds to me as though they may be refusing payPal's request to fund this payment from your account.

Hey @IM67

I can understand that this is a very concerning situation. If you have information to prove the authenticity of the item that you sold, you should reach out to us directly at euaup@paypal.com and we can look into this further for you.

Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

IM67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you David, I emailed as suggested and included photographs of the receipts from the Ralp Lauren store. Hoping for a speedy return to my account as this is causing great embarrassment.  Thanks for the reply,  I'm just stunned that my account can be limited like that when I have done nothing wrong.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

I fully understand @IM67.

You will receive an email update as soon as there is any additional information regarding your account.

David.

Login to Me Too

TooKool
New Community Member

Hi

Just wanted to ask, with buyer protect would a computer bought off of ebay be covered?

As in a custom gaming computer? 

thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey TooKool. 

As you may already be aware, custom items are not covered under our Buyer Protection Policy through PayPal. If you are purchasing a custom made item (an item that you would have customised yourself before purchasing), this would not be covered. If you are purchasing an item that was previously made to order and there is no additions to the item with your purchase, then you would be covered under our Buyer Protection Policy.

David.

Login to Me Too

leeb8557
 I sent a payment of 260Euros to a party under the catagory "goods and services" as I felt this was the most suitable. The payment was completed. The recipient has since notified me that this was in fact incorrect and he wanted me to send as a payment to "friend or family. As such he wants me to receive a refund and make the payment again. However, he informs that where there should be an "issue refund" link there is not because it says that the account is on hold. What measures can we take to resolve this? thanks 
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @leeb8557

If you are purchasing an item from another PayPal user, you should only ever use the goods/service option to send a payment. Personal payments are not covered under our Buyer Protection Policy so they should never be used to purchase items. 

If you have made a payment for goods/services and the recipient is advising that they cannot access the funds, you can file a dispute on the transaction by following the steps that can be found here https://goo.gl/9REOqI

David.

Login to Me Too

leeb8557
Thank you for your reply. The payment is not for a good it is for a rental. The other party is saying the money is being held because PayPal is waiting for him to despatch a good. I sent under the bracket goods and services because this seemed to better describe the relationship over "friend/family". Does this sound like what the recipient is saying could be correct? Have I made a mistake in the format of payment?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Thanks for your clarification @leeb8557

Even though you have paid for rental and not a purchase as such, I would still advise people in situations like this to send the payment as a goods/service payment.

It could be possible that the receiver of the payment may be subject to payment holds on their account. They should have an option to mark the item as processed on their transaction and this will help to speed up the process.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.