PayPal UK Community Chat – 02/08/2017

PayPal_david
Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 2nd of August between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 2nd of August. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Prolecata
Contributor
Contributor
I am after finding out how to remove money on hold. I have £1.32 on hold. I do not know why or where it came from. It has been there many months.
Every time I go pay for something with PayPal it tries to use the balance and a card but cannot because the balance is on hold and so refuses payment. I rang PayPal customers services, they did not know how to deal and said it would go away within a day. It did not.
Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Paula4221
Contributor
Contributor
I am having an issue when trying to buy something, I recently signed up to PayPal and have confirmed by phone/email and added a credit card and I get this error at checkout: "We're sorry. We can't complete your purchase at this time. Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay." Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

IM67
Contributor
Contributor

I have had my PayPal account permanently limited and been accused of selling counterfeit / copies of Ralph Lauren clothing on eBay - this is simply not true as I have the original receipts from the Ralph Lauren store !

What can I do as I really need PayPal ?

Login to Me Too

Prolecata
Contributor
Contributor

The balance is a a positive one. I tried to pay for something a day or so ago for £23. PayPal showed the payment as part the balance £1.32 and the rest a card. It should not do this as the balance is on hold. How can I just pay using my card without trying to use a balance that is on hold? Customer services were unable to help, just saying the on hold balance would go away in a day or so. It has been there some months.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Okay I understand where you are coming from now @Prolecata

If you have funds in your PayPal balance and you are sending a payment, we will always use the available funds in your PayPal account towards the payment that you are sending. It's not possible to fund a full payment from a card/bank account if there is an available balance currently in your PayPal account. 

David.

Login to Me Too

Prolecata
Contributor
Contributor

I think you misunderstand the problem. There is not an available balance. It is on hold and so is not available.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

If you are advising that your balance is held, can you see this amount showing as a negative amount on your PayPal account? If you are trying to send a payment and there is a negative balance, our system will try to resolve the negative balance as well as processing your transaction. For example, if you have a negative balance on PayPal of -£1.00 and you try sending £10.00, we will charge your card/bank account for £11.00 in total to resolve your negative balance and send your payment.

David.

Login to Me Too

Prolecata
Contributor
Contributor

It is not a negative balance. It is a positive balance. So if I go to pay for something costing £11.30 it will say £1.30 from balance and £10 from my card.

The PayPal system should not be trying to use a balance that is on hold

Customer services said perhaps your card is being refused by your bank so I registered another card and had it verified. Still my payments are refused by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Thanks for your clarification. If your balance is going to be used towards your funding of the payment, that would mean that your balance is available and is not currently being held. We cannot discuss account specific information through the Community so it is difficult for us to be sure what is happening here.

If you are still experiencing difficulties at this point, I can only advise that you try reaching out to our customer service team and we can assist you further. 

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.