Problems connecting to PayPal here with Ipad since update

oconelec
Contributor
Contributor

Since the new update i have had problems signing into PayPal here account on Ipad & can not take payments, the strange thing is, if i use my android samsung i can log in & take payments when at customers home but not with Ipad, we keep getting the message (Can Not Connect To Server).

What's even stranger is when i get home & use my own house wifi with the Ipad i can log into PayPal here. Please help, this is a huge problem

Sean.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi oconelec,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the reader, the best thing to do is to forget the reader from your Samsung device before connecting it to the iPad. It sounds like this may be causing the issue, where the reader is trying to connect to the old device rather than the iPad.

Please let us know how you get on,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

oconelec
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening & Thank you for the reply.

The reader is not the problem, the problem is, that since the new update we have not been able to log into PayPal here from the Ipad, we keep getting the message (We are unable top connect to the server at this moment). The only time we can log into PayPal here through the Ipad is when i use my home wifi connection, if we try to log in anywhere else it just does not work. There has to be something wrong with the new update software that is effecting Ipad use & logging in. We contacted PayPal this morning by phone, the girl asked us to delete the business name at log in & use our email address instead & it worked, but only the once, every time after this it was the same story, it could not log into the server.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

I see, can I ask if you have updated to iOS 9.2? I know there were issues with connection when users upgraded to iOS 9.1 however this should resolve the issue. 

Let us know how you get on,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

oconelec
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening.

Thanks again for the reply.

Yes we have updated to version 9.2 but we still can not log into paypal here via an Ipad, we can log in using an android device but not the Ipad, we constantly keep getting the message  (The Server Cannot Be Reached At This Time). It's strange that any Android device we use has no problems logging into PayPal here but only the Ipad, we have been usig PayPal here on this Ipad for 1.5 years with absolutely no probvlems at all, only since the new update have we had these log in problems.

If we try to log into PayPal here via an Ipad using lets say BT Wifi spot we can not log into Paypal here, if we use an Android device from same location & using a Bt wifi spot we can log in with no problems, why is there a problem logging in to PayPal here using an outside wifi, it's strange that i can use my home wifi & log in using the Ipad but not while im away from my home wifi. Begining to regret downloading the upodates now on the Ipad.

Regards.

Sean.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi oconelec,

We are sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this.

As you have tried all of our suggestions we'd like to take a closer look into this, to do so however you would need to speak with the PayPal Here team directly. You can call us on <removed> <removed> or email us at <removed> 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Hilary64
New Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem, was this resolved? I am also continually getting the message 'cannot connect to the server' when trying to take a payment.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

VoodooIdol
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this same issue on my andriod device - I can log in over WiFi but not over 4G.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.