What is my PayPal account number?

monnydite
Contributor
Contributor
139 REPLIES 139

Druk
New Community Member
I made a payment on eBay for an item. Since it's not delivered, seller wants to repay me to my PayPal account. He is adamantly asking for a PayPal account number. He says he can refund only through a PayPal account number. What should I do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

He is talking rubbish.

Normally the "issue refund" option is next to the transaction in his paypal account for a period of time post-auction and all he has to do is click on that and the refund will be processed although it may be on temp hold if funded from his bank account.

Also if you paid via a card attached to your paypal account it will automatically go back there but can take about a week to process back. HOWEVER as soon as the seller refunds you will get an email from paypal to say its been done.

If the "issue refund" option has timed out then tell him to >>  find the transaction in his paypal account > click on the word "details" next to it and the issue refund option is half way down that page.

If its after 60 days since you paid then he can send you a personal payment via send money > personal / gift payment > and enter your EMAIL ADDY to identify your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

szr
New Community Member

It's your card number.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

no its not and you don't give anyone your card number. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi,

I think that different issues seem to be mentioned here and it is causing some confusion.

If a seller wants to send a refund through PayPal they only need the email address from which you made the payment. They never need any other financial information.

It is like Kernowlass said that they have the option to refund the payment next to the payment and it will be available for 30 days.

We will process the refund back to your card or balance after that but the seller only needs the email address.

I hope this clears the confusion up :).

Dian

Login to Me Too

Str00dle
Contributor
Contributor

It's asking me for my full account number when i try to change my password, how do i find out what it is

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Str00dle,

Thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with changing your password.

Sometimes we will ask to verify yourself as the account holder before you can change the password. The full number that you can be asked for is the bank account number or the card number but we would not ask for the PayPal account number. If you are having troubles to reset your password I would advise to give our service team a call. They can resolve this with you within 5 minutes :).

-Dian

Login to Me Too

neena111
New Community Member
There is an app called clashot. You upload pictures and get paid for it....however in order to get paid for your photography you need a PayPal account....it asks specifically for your account number ( email don't work). I understand that there is not such a number....so any suggestions?
Login to Me Too

enbirchler
New Community Member

If you pull up your PayPal Credit Statements your account number is on the very top.

Login to Me Too

BobbyAK
What if you don't have a pay pal credit card?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.