What is my PayPal account number?

monnydite
Contributor
Contributor
139 REPLIES 139

beri
New Community Member

I have the same problem and i cant put any money to my paypal and i cant buy any thing from any side cus i need to pay with credit card or paypal so what should I do? How do i send money from my own bank account to paypal?!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi beri, 

At PayPal, your account is identified using your email address and not an account number. Depending on what country you are in, you will have different options for adding funds to your PayPal account. If you are in the UK you have the option to confirm your bank account and click on the add funds tab. If you are outside of the UK you may need to use the Top Up. So if you click on Top Up, you will be provided with all the details you need to have funds transferred from your bank account to your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps and please let us know how you get on

Paula 

Login to Me Too

bamboo_dragon
Contributor
Contributor

Paula, I'm sure your suggestion is valid, however, this is NOT the case for the problem I'm experiencing.  In the U.S. , my credit union allows me to set up Bill Pay to PayPal in order to transfer money to the PayPal Account.  There's no "Top Up" option.  According to the directions on my PayPal website page, I am to use the account number shown in "step 2" of setting up Bill Pay and money transfers to PayPal from a banking account.

Everything appears to work, then about 2-3 days later, I receive a message from my credit union's online banking department that PAYPAL DECLINED THE ATTEMPTED TRANSFER; PayPal claims that the PayPal account number is invalid.  I did this four different times, typing in the account number and copy-pasting to make sure it was correct.  It still does not work.

Something is very wrong when this system does not work for such an easy thing.  Even more wrong is that personnel at PayPal cannot figure out what the problem is.  

Login to Me Too

Veyatie
Contributor
Contributor

Rats, my bank account was already added so I cant use the suggestion you made....

Login to Me Too

benrigby
New Community Member

Godaddy lists paypal accounts by ID... so if you have more than 1 paypal account... it's impossible to tell which is which. I have one for personal and one for business - and would like to know which account is associated with which domain.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi benrigby,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.

On PayPal we don't use account numbers on PayPal. The email address that you register on your PayPal account is what we use to identify your PayPal account. If you have more than one PayPal account you will be able to determine which is which by the email addresses you have registered.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Veyatie
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting the exact same reply Paula.

Maybe someone from PayPal should try their suggestions and experience what the customer does.

Login to Me Too

gypsealove
Contributor
Contributor

So, the hundreds of people who have my email...now have my account 'number' to paypal account!?

Now all they have to figure out is my password.

This doesn't seem very secure and makes me feel very uneasy.

In addition, why shouldn't I have access to MY account number?

I would really like to know why this is your policy.

Also, without an account number you limit your customers ability to have their tax returns, e-refunds etc. directly deposited into their accounts. That seems like a counter productive policy in my humble opinion.

Login to Me Too

kinlock
Contributor
Contributor

Well I am across the Channel from UK in France and I cannot transfer from bank  to PayPal. I have never seen anything called "top off" (sounds too British I guess). Oh yes; I am an American in France and bank account is French. It says" verified"

Login to Me Too

Paula you have been amazing! Thank you very much for this, i have looked up a lot of places for the information and now i am able to provide it. I have subscribed to a website that requires paypal account NUMBER and will not allow me to type anything in the field other than digits. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.