The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible

alexeyyy3000
New Community Member

I recently paid for digitally delivered service (online tv access for 3 months). Unfortunately, I didn't like the service, the prebuffering speed was too slow, and in a couple of weeks I decided to resolve this issue with seller. No replies, nothing for a couple of weeks . Escalated to a claim and one week later I received that from PAYPAL:"The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible". WT...??? so no even partial refund has been issued. If I knew the consequences, I wouldn't use paypal at all. The buyer protection isn't what I thought it is. How does paypal define who is eligible for refund in this case ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi alexeyyy3000,

Welcome to the community forums! We're happy to have you here, but sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. 😞

Virtual goods are not something that can be proven delivered, like a physical item can with tracking or delivery confirmation.  Still, we want to be available to facilitate the payments when buyers and sellers want to use PayPal, so we act as a payment processor in these transactions. Buyers and sellers evaluate their own risk to determine if they want to make these transactions that are ineligible for protection.

To see the specific terms of Purchase Protection, you can jump to 13. PayPal Purchase Protection.

I'm really sorry to hear that this purchase didn't work out for you. 😞

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.