Risk when buying? First time user

Kearn
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I made my first purchase tonight for event tickets to a seller I found on gumtree. He said the tickets will be with me on Thursday. Am I guaranteed to get my money back if no tickets arrive and how is this if my money has already been handed over?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately event tickets are not covered for either buyer protection or seller protection.  Hopefully you are dealing with an honest person.

How did you pay?   If you used the send money feature, that's not good.  The typical scammer or not so honest person trick is to sell intangible items or services, then have you pay by using the Send Money feature.

You are protected when you purchase an item that is physical, can be shipped, tracked, insured and you paid by either invoice or thru a web site shopping cart.  Then you have documentation of the transaction.

However, intangible items and services are not covered for either buyer or seller protection.  Tickets are considered under services, making them not eligible for protection.

If you don't receive the tickets, you can try to open a Dispute.  (In many cases like this, PayPal will tell you you're not protected.)

Login to Me Too

Kearn
Contributor
Contributor
Yes send money I didn't know of any other way. I have read that if event tickets do not come on time I get a full refund so this suggests otherwise?
Login to Me Too

alahwaz
Contributor
Contributor

111118496227 Apple iPhone 5 - 32 GB - White AND Black (Brand New, Sealed & Unlocked) x15

1 £5,000.00 £5,000.00

Subtotal: £5,000.00 Postage and packaging via Other Courier: £0.00 Total £5,000.00

Dear sir.

Hope you doing well.I did bid and made an offer for this items but before i pay just i want to make

sure that is genuine business and nothing wrong on that.Please could you confirm that in genuine 

and i can pay that moneu by pat pal.If i received that items and find out is fake could i return them and

get my money back?

Best wishes

Alahwaz

Login to Me Too

alahwaz
Contributor
Contributor

@Kearn wrote:
Hi I made my first purchase tonight for event tickets to a seller I found on gumtree. He said the tickets will be with me on Thursday. Am I guaranteed to get my money back if no tickets arrive and how is this if my money has already been handed over?

@Kearn wrote:

@Kearn wrote:

@Kearn wrote:

111118496227 Apple iPhone 5 - 32 GB - White AND Black (Brand New, Sealed & Unlocked) x15

1 £5,000.00 £5,000.00

Subtotal: £5,000.00 Postage and packaging via Other Courier: £0.00 Total £5,000.00

Dear sir.

Hope you doing well.I did bid and made an offer for this items but before i pay just i want to make

sure that is genuine business and nothing wrong on that.Please could you confirm that in genuine 

and i can pay that moneu by pat pal.If i received that items and find out is fake could i return them and

get my money back?

Best wishes

Alahwaz

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.