Pay for train tickets, no money on paypal balance and bank account

Slaw538
New Community Member
Hi there, I few days ago i paid for train tickets on Trainline.com using paypal, but i haven't got any money on my paypal account and on my bank account. So how the payments was accepted? How is possible? I have a paypal credit but when i check activity there is information as i paid using my bank account and debit card... But there is no money on my bank account, on the checkout when i pay for train tickets there wasn't question if i want to pay paypal credit, but i set up paypal credit as first source for online payments. Can anyone help me please. Thank You, Regards, Slaw.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hi Slaw538, 

Thank you for posting in our Community. Sorry that you did not receive a reply sooner. 

I will do my best to explain how PayPal works.

If you send money to a seller we will pay this money to the seller directly and after that we will deduct the money from your bank through direct debit. This way we can process the payments faster. This also means that you don't need a balance on your PayPal account. If we will not be able to deduct the money from your bank we will try to use any back up funding sources that you have on your account. If we are also not able to take the money from there your PayPal account will most likely become negative. 

When your account has a negative balance this will need to be resolved before you can send another payment. 

I hope that this information helps. 

-Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.