Dispute over car engine

LW47
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I recently sold an engine and gearbox through a Facebook page, and was paid with PayPal. The person who bought it is claiming that it wasn't as described and needs money spending on it. The engine was described as second hand with new parts, and needed some work to enable it to run. 

He has since had the whole engine taken apart and has put in a dispute for a refund for what he paid. Does an engine come under PayPal's rules for motor vehicles?

I have tried to communicate with the buyer, but no luck so far. If the dispute is upheld then i will lose all the money, and he gets to keep the engine. 

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LW47

I suspect this may qualify as a motor vehicle so personally i would phone customer services and query the dispute.

Also if paypal do find in his favour then ''normally'' they state the buyer has to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund them. AND its supposed to be returned in the condition sent, how can it be if he has taken it to bits.

Ring and tell c.s. all this  >>

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LW47
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks very much for your advice, I'll give customer services a call.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.