Can't make dispute as guest payer

badgerkins
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item off Ebay but it's been 2 weeks and no item has arrived and the seller is not replying to my messages. I made the payment as a guest so I don't have a transaction history to reference but I do have a reciept number sent to my via email. Trying to open a dispute on Ebay but it just redirects me to the non existant Paypal transaction. So I read I can make a phone call to customer support for guests who want to open a dispute but no luck either. I can't continue the call without the automated system linking me to my Paypal account WHICH I DID NOT MAKE THE PURCHASE WITH.

So how do i open a dispute as a guest? Can I actually speak to a human on Paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@badgerkins

You can still call but when you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get through to an agent OR just say the word agent. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@badgerkins

You can still call but when you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get through to an agent OR just say the word agent. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

badgerkins
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! Don't know why they have to make it so difficult.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you paid with a credit card, you should be able to make a claim through your credit card company, but not with PayPal and the credit card company at the same time.  If PayPal fails to refund, then go thorugh your credit card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.