Received sub standard quality item.

GraemeThomas
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from an online retailer in Spain. When it arrived I was not very happy with the quality of the item. I immediately contacted them and received an auto response saying that they would send me a returns number and instructions for return. After one week and numerous emails I still have received no instructions for return and I feel that they are ignoring my emails. I am worried that if I send the item back that they will further ignore the situation and not offer a refund. What should I do.Many thanks in advance, Graeme.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GraemeThomas

Open a dispute on paypal for item received but not as described > put in everything that has happened.

The only problem that i can see is that if you escalate to a claim paypal often ask you to send it back but you have to prove delivery of the item to the seller before you get a refund.

So if the company send you a pre=paid label not sure you will be able to do that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GraemeThomas
Contributor
Contributor

So if the company send you a pre=paid label not sure you will be able to do that.

Thanks for yor reply, the company seem to be dragging their feet a bit and not responding to my emails so the prepaid label doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment. Do you think that I should send them one more email telling them that I will have to escalate to a claim for my money back through Paypal and what sort of timescale should I set? Again thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.