Bank transfer payments

martinshort93
Contributor
Contributor

So I've tried to send email's to paypal but don't seem to be getting a reply.

I can't use my bank card for payment's as RBS see's this as fraudgelent every time I go to make payment's online but they advised my I can do this via my bank account transfer now I have a bank account on my paypal and a card on there but I can't pay for item's for example through ebay via bank transfer it only allow's me to use my card.

I really need help with this none of my card's are expering because I have had a new one sent out so I removed the old one and currently have my credit card on there.

All I want is to get instant bank transfer's to work as a payment method and I can't seem to get help with it.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

martinshort93
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry my message isn't really clear the problem is.

Instant bank transfer isn't working and I need it to work.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi martinshort93,

Welcome to the community forum.

It can happen that the option to send instant bank transfer is turned off if your bank have been denying some of the payments.

You do have other options, however, to pay with your bank.

You can add funds to your account from your bank and use these to pay. It is free to transfer from your bank.

Here’s how:

Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
Click ‘Add Funds’ near the top of the page.
Under 'You move money from your bank account', click 'Continue'.
Make a note of the payment details (in red) and log in to your online banking to make a payment to your PayPal account.

Your money will probably arrive in your PayPal account within a few minutes, but it could take up to 2 hours. We’ll email you when it arrives.

This is useful solution to this issue.

I hope this helps.

Rachael.

Login to Me Too

martinshort93
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to my bank and they are allowing instant bank transfer's all I want to be able to do is check out easier but obviously that isn't going to happen.

Thanks anyway.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds weird to me, have you double checked you have not cancelled the direct debit mandate set up when you added your bank account to paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mickey88
Contributor
Contributor
I've had the same problem for over 6weeks, PayPal say its a problem with them and they are working on it, I don't hold out much hope of it ever being fixed, after calling them again this week I was told it has now been fixed but it won't work for anyone having a problem until they run an update which will be two weeks time (apparently customers who are being inconvenienced for almost two months isn't reason enough to fix it ASAP ) so we wait and hope and see if it's fixed, if it isn't i for one will close my account, as I'm sick of waiting and waiting, hope it his info helps.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.