So confused with multi-ship, a little help here? :(

LunaP23
Contributor
Contributor

I had a question regarding Paypal Multi-ship and I want to warn ahead of time that I am awful when it comes to shipping costs. I sold 4 items on Facebook and I don't know how to charge for shipping, cause I don't have a clue how much it is or even how to include tracking with these items!

Do I need to calculate how much shipping is prior to their final cost to pay everything up front? For instance lets say I go okay "Shipping on the calculator says $2, but that doesn't include tracking so I have to add $1. So their final cost to pay me through Paypal if the item is $4, thats $7. They pay me for the final cost, then I go through multi ship and create the label? Who pays the shipping label cost on the multi-ship when selecting someone's order? Will this charge them? Can you include tracking?? 

Do I tell them just to pay me for the item $4, then use the multi-ship, calculate the cost, add tracking and charge them or me? How does this work? I'm so confused right now! I have multiple orders to ship, but have no clue how to do so!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

MultiOrder Shipping is good tool but, it's best to have you costs and method figured out ahead of time.    One way to get an idea of what to charge for shipping is to use the free USPS Postage Price Calculator.   That will provide you with the basic cost, then factor in your time, packing materials, labels and tape (these items don't seem like much but, overtime can add up).

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LunaP23
Contributor
Contributor

Also if I press create shipment, will it charge me? 

Login to Me Too

LunaP23
Contributor
Contributor

No one is helping me so I guess I'll call Paypal, thanks..

Login to Me Too
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

MultiOrder Shipping is good tool but, it's best to have you costs and method figured out ahead of time.    One way to get an idea of what to charge for shipping is to use the free USPS Postage Price Calculator.   That will provide you with the basic cost, then factor in your time, packing materials, labels and tape (these items don't seem like much but, overtime can add up).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.