Postal label printing issues

JohnC_UK
Contributor
Contributor

In the last few days I've had this message come up intermittently. Unable to print the requested postage label at this time. The following error occurred.

The dimensions entered are not supported for the package of your choice, please correct the dimensions to proceed.

There are no options for dimensions except weight and parcel/letter option. Is this a known issue?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

chartsngraphs
Contributor
Contributor

I've noticed that if you change to small parcel or medium parcel it lets you purchase the more expensive postage no problem. I get this everytime I need to print large letter postage.

Login to Me Too

jillsaj
New Community Member

Well, we normally print "Small Parcel" labels but are getting this exact same error message... so, we changed the type to "Large Letter" and got it to recalculate the postage - THEN switched back to "Small Parcel", calculated the postage and boom - it works.

Some weird, time consuming glitch - could do without it!

Login to Me Too

JohnC_UK
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried the changing the shape / size options but nothing works. Having to do it through RM website!

Login to Me Too

mypinballs
Contributor
Contributor

same here, nothing works for large letter. Just get the stupid size is wrong error. This is bloody ridiculous

Login to Me Too

or8yeah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this problem!  Tried the switching parcel sizes, recalculating etc but this hasn't worked either.  Anybody else had any luck?

Login to Me Too

JohnC_UK
Contributor
Contributor

I know, ridiculous. I'm having to do mine by the Royal Mail website, which is easy enough but the downside is it prints the price of the postage on the label.

Login to Me Too

mypinballs
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, as i use this many times a day its very annoying. Reported to PayPal but they told me to put the correct sizes in. lol. Obviously they dont even know how this system works for rm postage... Unbelievable. and supposed to be a business service..

Login to Me Too

PPJANE
Contributor
Contributor

You can buy postage via the Royal Mail website instead - not very convenient though and it prints the price on the label with no option to remove this.

Login to Me Too

miketd
Contributor
Contributor

It makes no sense that I'm being prompted to correct the dimensions, when there's nowhere for me to enter them in the first place! I haven't been able to pay for postage for the past 2 or 3 days, so have had to switch to Royal Mail.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.