Difficulties choosing "Bill Me Later" as payment option...

cheyrene

Having "Bill Me Later", I am discovering, that for many transactions, the "Bill Me Later" payment choice is not an option at checkout.  "Bill Me Later" is shown as a payment option, but is not highlighted and I am unable to choose it as my payment option.  Does anybody else have trouble with this issue?  Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong?  Why would some transactions allow it at checkout and other don't?  I have read the user agreement, and the items I am purchasing are not listed as items that are not allowed to be funded via the "Bill Me Later" option.  In fact, some of the items are duplicates of other items I have already purchased, through the same seller.  It makes no sense to me and is very frustrating, since some of the items I am purchasing, I am purchasing with the intent to pay via "Bill Me Later".  I have requested help, both online and over the phone, but nobody seems to have any answers... they just shuffle me around and give me memorized statements that do not pertain to the issue. 

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

deenie1
Contributor
Contributor

i also have had the same problem with bill me later on a site, i did contact the sellar and explained the situation to him, and he was kind enough to let me pay on the first of feb. which is demeaning to me, because i was of the thought that i could use bml, thank god for the sellar being a good guy!! what's wrong with pay pal and bml??? i sure hope someone can fix this soon!! as i do like shopping on ebay and i pay my bills on time, this is frustating!!

Login to Me Too

deenie1
Contributor
Contributor

i also am having troubles with bill me later added to my pay pal, i just won some books, but when i went to pay for them, i clicked on the paypal option, as stated, and it only took me to paypal, with no where showing bill me later? so what do i do now, any suggestions..i have used this option before on ebay, but it didn't show it on this seller's paypal option??

Login to Me Too

bmluser
New Community Member

I am having the same problems. It would seem that paypal doesn't want to collect interest from our bml purchases as they don't allow us to use it.

Login to Me Too

Ednjo

I have used BML with no problems until March 2011. I have tried three times and nothing.

No answers yet.

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

consider yourself lucky,dont bother,it is famous for costing people lots in late fees,and hard to lose account ect,if you actually want a bill me later account go to the real bill me later website,paypal is scaming you into thinking bill me later is from paypal,paypal is an affiliate sponser of bill me now,ect,scam,so also as a part of paypals scam if you sign up with bill me later from paypal link you will not get 6 months free intrest and other offers,bil me later is a real company and has a real website,go there and do not use paypal,or use your money and do not use very questionable merchant /caredit cards,ps 25%apr,,peace

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

@cheyrene wrote:

Having "Bill Me Later", I am discovering, that for many transactions, the "Bill Me Later" payment choice is not an option at checkout.  "Bill Me Later" is shown as a payment option, but is not highlighted and I am unable to choose it as my payment option.  Does anybody else have trouble with this issue?  Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong?  Why would some transactions allow it at checkout and other don't?  I have read the user agreement, and the items I am purchasing are not listed as items that are not allowed to be funded via the "Bill Me Later" option.  In fact, some of the items are duplicates of other items I have already purchased, through the same seller.  It makes no sense to me and is very frustrating, since some of the items I am purchasing, I am purchasing with the intent to pay via "Bill Me Later".  I have requested help, both online and over the phone, but nobody seems to have any answers... they just shuffle me around and give me memorized statements that do not pertain to the issue. 

sorry i just reread you text i missed you are already using them,whome are you calling,paypal or bill me later,?it is two diferent companies with diferent costomer service and terms of agreements along with a long list of other issues,it is possible that your acount has been flagged because of multiple transactions,credit cards ect fla multiple transcations and decide if you are a risk,ect,check there website call them ,read there terms of service,peace

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,bill me later is a preaproved inhouse merchant card.this is accepted at a limited amount of whats called catolg comanies.meaning thes companies sign up or are part of prearanged contract.this card is not in fact even a card,ha,so you are able to shop from a catolog,see catolog on there website,this catolog will be all there stores that acept bill me now.no it is not same as money or your other credit cards,it is for specific stores and purchases,see tos bill me later on ther site bill me later.com?peace

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

@cheyrene wrote:

hello,also the reason your bill me later button is shown is because it is integrated in your paypal account,so when you are shoping at an unsponsered bill me now store you will not be able to use that feature,of cours i sugest to bill me later accountees that if this happens,do a search in bill me later catolog to see what store does sell the product you want with option to use your bill me later,thi option will work,peace

Login to Me Too

dw44

I have had the exact same problem today.  Despite a credit balance on BML, the option is not a choice at check-out.  I have found that if I choose to pay each seller individually, the option appears more often than not.  And by the way, Paypal.com indicates that PayPal bought Bill me Later in August 2009.  So most lkely, Paypal does not like buyers like me who buy frequent small items.  I am sure their processing costs are just going through the roof.  It will probably take getting the sellers upset with Paypal to get a resolution.

Login to Me Too

skinnyboy
New Community Member

Ive contacted Ebay, Paypal, and Bill Me later about this. You wouldnt believe the ridiculous run around excuses i got from all three places for the last week!! They all played dumb!! Blamed it on the seller, saying they opted out.. Wasnt a picked product..etc. FINALLY TODAY March 16, Paypal shoots the blame and says it Bill Me Laters fault...they are backed up..with Ebay transactions..and had to pull it off Ebay...and not for sure when it will be up working again. COULD SOMEBODY MAKE AN ANNOUCEMENT ON THIS???  NOOOOOO, thats to hard. Just lie, play dumb, and hope that the fifty million people who bought crap thinking they could use billme later, will just go away!!  That would expose a big boo boo on someones part...And people might think their funds arent so secure..right??  So now ive got sellers mad at me.. cause even though i had a 800 buck credit limit..i can only pay with paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.