Error 3005 When Applying for eBay Mastercard

Georgia99
Contributor
Contributor

In a listing for an item I wanted to purchase, I noticed a link to an eBay Mastercard offer.  I clicked the link, then clicked "apply" which took me to login to paypal.  After I entered my password for paypall and clicked logon, I received a message #3005 "experiencing technical difficulties...try again later."  I've been trying for two days and finally called Ebay customer service and they said it was a PayPal problem and to call them.  Has anyone experience this or have any insights as to what may be causing this error?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

buldog1
Contributor
Contributor

Don't expect any help from Paypal. They will tell you it's your issue and to uninstall and reinstall your browser. I have used 5 different machines and also used Firefox on another. No luck. Yet still Paypal says their end is working correctly. I insisted on speaking with a supervisor and they have forwarded the issue to Tech Support. I explained that I wanted a call back and that the issue is on their end. I guess we will see if they come through.

Login to Me Too

Sandy1916
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same error from any of the various links on PP, have emailed several times and only get back a please call us form letter.  I have no desire to sit on hold and then hear the same we don't know what is wrong thing, didn't want it that bad.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.