Difficulties choosing "Bill Me Later" as payment option...

cheyrene

Having "Bill Me Later", I am discovering, that for many transactions, the "Bill Me Later" payment choice is not an option at checkout.  "Bill Me Later" is shown as a payment option, but is not highlighted and I am unable to choose it as my payment option.  Does anybody else have trouble with this issue?  Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong?  Why would some transactions allow it at checkout and other don't?  I have read the user agreement, and the items I am purchasing are not listed as items that are not allowed to be funded via the "Bill Me Later" option.  In fact, some of the items are duplicates of other items I have already purchased, through the same seller.  It makes no sense to me and is very frustrating, since some of the items I am purchasing, I am purchasing with the intent to pay via "Bill Me Later".  I have requested help, both online and over the phone, but nobody seems to have any answers... they just shuffle me around and give me memorized statements that do not pertain to the issue. 

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

curvesarein
New Community Member

Bill me later is a rip off. They won't identify what I bought with invoices and it looks like they took money out again from my account for the same transaction!

I guess I will have to call the bank and stop payment or dispute it.

Login to Me Too

Butch8888
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Andy

Hey cheyrene, sorry it took so long to reply to you.

What I think is happening is that when you go to make your purchases, BML makes a decision on whether it's going to extend funding for that purchase.  If you have multiple outstanding purchases, they may deny funding at the time you are trying to make the purchase.  Of course, you won't know that until you've almost competed the payment, so I understand your frustration.

Another option is that not all merchants accept BML. Most do, but individual sellers can make the decision not to accept it.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Learnmedia
New Community Member

Andy,

Unfortunately, conducting a mobile transaction on my phone I was not presented with an option to choose an alternative funding source. I was able to choose Bill Me Later and did. Unfortunately, when the transaction went through "successfully" it deducted the amount from my checking account. I would have chosen a different funding source (credit card) if I had been presented with a prompt notifying me that the Bill Me Later purchase was denied. Instead, i was removed from the decision making process. I am attempting to resolve right now (dealing with lengthy wait times on the phone).

Login to Me Too

christie210
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal Andy...problem with this is lots of people bid, win, and THEN find out they cannot use BML.  Something really needs to let folks now ahead of time before they buy something on ebay.  Surely there is a better way here.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

flotoror
Contributor
Contributor

so annoying this crap  they dont tell you a thing til its too late...i have 300 credit unused yet cant pay for most recent purchase...what is the deal with this thing....and no interest til september...omg

Login to Me Too

godis4youSusan
New Community Member

I am having trouble with pay later.  It will let me get into it sometimes and sometimes not.  This is very frustrating.  Does anyone know what's wrong with this.  Someone on the message center is having the same problem.  Identical.

Login to Me Too

godis4youSusan
New Community Member

Thanks Andy, but I not sure if that is the problem. 

Login to Me Too

romeoluv_66

This is a problem that may take legal action to fix. I do have a screenshots to take to an attorney if need be. I bid on an item on ebay that had in the item description page that bill me later was and option of payment for the item. Then when I won the item and proceeded to finalize the payment the BML option was not an option to pay for the item. I have contacted both ebay,paypal, and bill me later to fix the problem and all 3 told me that it was and issue with one of the others. Like they don't care to try and fix the problem. But if it states on the item page that bill me later is and option for payment and then at time to make payment the BML option is not available then that is entrapment and fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.