BILL ME LATER...Oh Yeah with interest.

rsanger
New Community Member

I purchased a product on ebay and paid with pay pay bill me later program.  Worked great since I did not have the coin at the time.  I had registered my Checking acct info etc. And then I was able to choose when they could be paid but the vendor I purchased from was paid by Pay Pay.  Cool, it worked for me.  So a couple months later I did it again, knowing Pay Pay bill me later would take it out of my account in about a month.  Well I just assumed they did and I assumed wrong.  I get a bill 60 days later not 30 days later from a company called Bill Me Later telling me I owe them 2 months of late fees and interest due to the fact they have not been paid.  I called them and asked who they were and that I thought they were my Pay Pay bill me later folks.  They said they were my Pay Pal bill me later folks and that they want their money.  I said why did not just pull it from my account like you did last time..They said they don't pull money from anyone's account.  And that had not record of my account information.  I said what about my transaction a few months ago?  They said yes we see that but it show paid so we can't really see much.  I don't if this is a scam or not.  Did I give out my banking information to Pay Pal by mistake or did give it out again to this Bill Me Later so they can just not send me a bill for months and charge interest and late fees.  I am really confused.  Do you pay pay or bill me later?  Is my banking information safe with Pay Pal?  And with Bill Me Later is the point to hope customers will forget about their purchase before you remind they owe money so Bill Me Later can make twice the amount of the purchase in late fees and interest?  This very concerning.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

CheriRN7
Contributor
Contributor

As long as you pay in full before the next billing cycle there is no charge. However, if left unpaid I believe the interest rate is 19.99%.  I've never had an issue with my banking information.  I make payment to Bill Me Later thru PayPal.  No problems.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.