paypal account in 2 different countries??

thisisit
New Community Member

Hi Guys are you allowed to have 2 paypal accounts in different countries for example-

i have an account in Spain registered with spanish credit card

i also have an address in uk can i register with address with uk credit card

as ive tried to register my uk card in my spanish account but it knocks it back because its british registered card

the reason if i buy items on ebay uk id rather pay with my uk card as its cheaper than changing euros all the time thanks in advance for your help best regards Thisisit

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

MEPH1ST0uk
New Community Member

Hi i have a question regarding this. I have a paypal address already, but can i open another paypal address but in a different country (so i will have 2 paypal address), so that way i can reduce the fee's from converting from 1 currency to another ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey guys,

If you wish, you can open a PayPal account in a different country with a different email address but you need to have an address in the country that you are opening the account in. You may also be asked at some point to confirm a credit/debit card or bank account on your new PayPal account. 

The financial information would also need to be active in the country that you are opening the PayPal account in. Unless you have an address and financial information registered in the country that you are going to open a new PayPal account in, I would advise that you don't open an account in that country.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

David.

Login to Me Too

janette3
New Community Member

i have a pay pal account but as soon as i log in it changes the language to spanish as i have a spanish address. i dont know enough spanish to do my accounts and my bank account is in england, and there seems no way to change the language back to english, this is hopeless for me. what can i do

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there janette3,

You should be able to change your language preference to English, try the below and let us know how you get on:

1. Log into your account

2. Click on 'Profile'

3. Click 'My Settings' , and then 'Preferred Language' and 'Update'

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Janette3,

If you have opened a PayPal account in Spain, this would have resulted in the language showing in Spanish when you login to your PayPal account. Have you tried contacting us to see if we can update your language to show in English?

David.

Login to Me Too

Ajack
New Community Member

Hello,

Here is my situation: I have dual citizenship (France/US), an address in both countries, bank accounts in both countries, credit cards in both countries. 

I currently only have 1 personal Paypal in the US.

Can I setup an additional  personal Paypal account in France, attached to my French address/phone/bank/card?

The reason why I want to do that is that when I am in France or Europe (which is a good part of the year) I want to be able to use Payal locally, i.e. in Euros, without currency exchange from the US.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Ajack,

Thanks for posting your query on the UK Community Forum! Based on the information you provided in your post, you shouldn’t have an issue setting up a French PayPal account, with you French financial details. As PayPal is a country specific product, I would advise waiting until you are in France to set up the account.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Maria

Login to Me Too

modeling12
New Community Member

i have a question?

my country is not listed in the paypal's list of countries that allowed to open an account, (lebanon), can i open an account with a virtual country, to receive money to my credit card?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there modeling12,

No, this is not an option as you will never be able to add your financials or verify the PayPal account. 

Keep an eye on our website for any changes to countries PayPal becomes available in.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Toliks
New Community Member

Hello,

I have 1 question Can I open 2 accounts in one country but for 2 different banks / 2 different email's  but for same name and same surname? Reason for this i prefer to use 2 different eBay account for selling and second only for buying.

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.