changing password

beez
Contributor
Contributor

I looked up how to change our password on the Help forum, as it isn't obvious. In fact, there is no option to change the password on our account details page. Please advise.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi beez

How do I change my password or my security questions?

If you would like to change either your password or your security questions and you remember your current PayPal password:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Password' section, click Change.
  4. Select either Password or Security Questions.
  5. Click Edit.
  6. We may ask you to confirm ownership of the account by answering questions based on your account information. If we do, supply the information then click Submit.
  7. Enter your current password in the 'Current Password' box.
    • To change your password: Enter and re-enter your new password
    • To change your security questions: Select two new security questions and enter the answers
  8. Click Save.
Login to Me Too

Missmymind
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it you ask for all of a card number or account number when you change your password. That feels unsafe

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Missmymind and welcome the the PayPal community forum. 

We will sometimes ask you to validate your account when making certain changes. This is to be sure that it is you changing this information and not a third party (or someone doing it without your consent). We ask for full details sometimes as we do not store your full information on PayPal so if a third party were to gain acess to your account and try to change the password they would be unable to do so. Only you would have the full details.

It is a security measure designed to protect your account. 

I hope this answers your questions

Paula 

Login to Me Too

clarkri1957
New Community Member

Just read beez's comment from January as i am also struggling to find the password change option.  There is no Profile on my page.  Just how frigging difficult should it be to change basic security?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Every one has profile on their paypal account.

Its the pale blue subtab under the darker blue between and under merchant services and auction tools.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

YesM
New Community Member

Your instructions are out of date, as of Jan 2014 anyways. This Change is not showing "In the 'Password' section, click Change" In fact nothing is changeable from the Profile page.

I'm guessing the only way to change the password is to follow the procedure for if you forgot your original password

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Really??

Just went and changed my password.

clicked on the profile tab > my details > password > edit as of Jan 2014

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sam_c
New Community Member

If you mouse over (point your cursor) to the "Profile", you won't see change password. You have to CLICK on it then it will show a section to change your password. I did the same mistake just now. 

Login to Me Too

bellajam
New Community Member

Thanks for that..it was driving me crazy and everyone's glib reply about going to profile and clcking on change password just made me more and more frustrated. haha. muchas gracias

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.