Withdrawal Pending... Still Pending...

ajandyg
New Community Member

Hello,

I withdrew money from my Paypal account and was instantly sent an email saying that the money will be in my account within 24 hours?! Its been 12 and it still says pending. I write this because everyone i have spoken to says that it always takes 2-3 days. Is this an email everyone gets? or an i actually going to get my money in the next 12 hours?

If not the 24 hour email is unfair. I know it hasnt been 24 hours yet but people have worried me...

many thanks

andy

Login to Me Too
121 REPLIES 121

junebtc
I not got my money yet 72 hour is in next 2 hour will I get it then
Login to Me Too

Marison
Contributor
Contributor

It's not sometimes. It's my second withdrawal and it second time I have to wait up to 72 hours. Funny things it takes 72 hour not UP TO. Why I have to wait for my own money? It's not money from any sellers or buyer. It's money my wife sent me to buy food for me and our sn as wife is away for now. 

Login to Me Too

mattdp
Contributor
Contributor

I am waiting for 3 WORKING DAYS now to receive the withdraw my money which I could send to paypal account in 2 minutes.

My situation really sucks as I funded my paypal account for buying a new laptop for my company and the ebay system sucks and I couldn't pay using paypal. The seller waits for one week to get the money...

I am making this very public and  I hope one day this company to go banckrupt because of competition.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi mattdp,

Has your payment been released?

If you are still seeing 'pending' after 21 days please us the 'contact us' link on your PayPal account and call or email PayPal directly so we can take a further look into this for you.

Let us know how you get on!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Link1983
Contributor
Contributor

Are you being serious? How is it legal for you to hold someone's money for 21 days? Isn't that stealing? At least it's an unauthorised loan. How much interest do you make from causing people hassle yearly by holding their (I.E. not yours) money? Time to write to the government to get this sorted. You hit us twice because you're practically Ebay anyway. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its legal because YOU agreed to it when you agreed to the user agreement when you joined PayPal. 

If you don't want it then why not close your account? 

PayPals user agreement was passed by the FSA.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Link1983
Contributor
Contributor
I now see why you're only a volunteer advisor. 😉 with a better attitude you might make the team. 2 points, one nobody reads the t&c's as they are never written in plain English 2, do the fsa regulate the UK? I need to know so that I can mention them to my MP. Sounds like a massive scam going on with paypal.
Login to Me Too

Jacob83
Got charged £30 by paypal to recive my money and now waiting few hours to get them withdraw to my account- still pending! Not fair what do I paid £30 for? At least give me the rest of it ASAP please!
Login to Me Too

temp201811153m
New Community Member

whats the hold on having my withdrawl pending for more than 1 day still pending i swear if you dont do anything to unblock my withdwal i will report everything to the EU authorities as you are not supposed to keep peoples money for more than 2 hours!!!! and thats by the EU authorites law . soo you either make this right now or you`ll loose clients very fast inclunding me . i will never use paypal again i will be finding another type of online paying as paypal sucks . 

Login to Me Too

Marison
Contributor
Contributor

Ha-ha, another SOMETIMES. I just made another withdrawal and PayPal again said it takes up to 72 hours to be done. Is it joke? What do you check again, guys, if I received money from same person and tried to make withdrawal to the same bank account as I have made for the first time when I waited 72 hours, too? What do you do with our money? Why do you check and what every single withdrawal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.