Why is paypal cancelling my transaction?

monekyface
New Community Member

I have tried to make a payment of £350 via paypal for ebay goods but paypal keeps cancelling the transaction.

I am a verified status and use a credit card (Amex) but have not completed the bank details - I have been successfully using my account this way for years?

HELP

I can't wait 2-3 days as it is a buy it now requiring immediate payment

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Try asking your seller to remove the immediate payment option from the listing, there are a number of reasons why an immediate payment would fail Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there monkeyface,

As red-bay says, there are a number of reasons why a payment can be stopped from being sent to your seller. Because of this it might be best if you were to give our customer service centre a call.

Phone: 08707 307 191

I would also advise confirming your bank account as you say you have not yet done this. The more of your account you have verified the better chance you have of processing your payments.

You can confirm your bank account by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. Click the 'Bank Accounts' link in the 'Financial Information' column.
4. Select the bank account you wish to confirm and click 'Confirm'.
5. Click the 'Set up Direct Debit' button.
6. The next page will display your bank details. Enter the full address of your bank account then click 'Submit'.

PayPal will send two random deposits, between 1p and 99p, to your bank account. These deposits are at PayPal's expense and you'll find them on your online bank statement within two to three working days, or on your next paper statement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.