What is company extract from trade registry?

HenleyHOPS

I have become the chair of a local playscheme which runs a not-for-profit organisation run by a committee of volunteers.

Last year we accepted Paypal payments for the first time, but then we received a message saying the account had been limited, or basically locked. I asked the then-chair to sort it but it seems she never did.

I have tried to but it asks for a company extract from trade registry, which I have never heard of and am vertain we do not have. We are not a business.

I tried to call Paypal from two different phones but the automated system insisted it was unable to hear me, and ended the call.

We have money stuck in the account that we need to access, plus we open for registrations again this month and if I cannot resolve this we will have to stop using Paypal as we can't access the money!

Please can someone help? I've emailed with my phone number today but this is urgent now and I don't know how to resolve it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi HenleyHOPS,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If we are asking for that sort of information it would be to do with an option that was selected on the account. The account may have been originally registered as a business or an unsuitable option chosen.

You mentioned that you are not for profit. To select this as a business type on PayPal you must be a registered charity with documents to prove this. If you are not it could cause an issue.

Either way all you would need to do it update the business information section on your account to show that you are not a business. This is how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Profile icon at the top of the page and then select Profile and Settings from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click Update in the 'Business Information' section, then click Edit.

You may also need to respond to the case in your resolution centre to say that you have made a change.

I hope this helps

Rachael

Login to Me Too

turtleskin
New Community Member

We have also been asked to submit the same information and I am not sure what information we need to provide. We had previously been asked to submit the company registration document and other information which we did.

What should we now submit to get the limit lifted?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.