Spam from paypal email address.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having problems with sellers sending spam to the email address I use for paypal.

Why does paypal give out my email address to sellers? The transaction details are sufficient for them to ID the transaction.

They have no reason to need my email address.

Paypal please fix this.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Aussie22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community

Today I received spam email from a company that I recently purchased from, with all there details about 70% everything apart from the item itself, it was just plain spamming me.

I want our emails to be hidden from eBay sellers, if they need to contact us, they use the eBay email system, NOT spam us via PayPal, it is getting stupid at times.

I am begining to think it is time to start to look elsewhere, were I can be certain that my email address is not given to a seller to spam me about their "brand new website with all there brand new items".

I just purchased a set of earrings and now I get spam.

Thanks PayPal for another "making it hard" for the customer policy. As far as I am concerned, there should be a email system like eBay, because I DONT CARE ABOUT THE SELLERS BRAND NEW SITE, and I also think it is a breach of your own privacy policy.

Personally make changes or I will.

spam.png

Spamming not only wastes my time, but PayPal and eBay may lose business because of it.

Login to Me Too

hmiBarryLSalter
New Community Member

If the seller, sends you an update on your order, and adds a little advertising to the same said email..  This is not spam, this is good advertising..  They may be stupid in what they advertise, but the email was reguarding your order.

What is upseting me, and everyone else, are the emails coming from other people or later emails from a seller reguarding unrelated products.

What **bleep** me off today was getting an email from my senator Jeff Flake, what an **bleep**!  I did not give him my address, he obviously bought it..  That makes my senator a spammer! 

This is what we are complaining about..  make the ebay seller log in to a message center to communicate or use something like craigslist.com to use fake email addresses managed by a system that after 30 days deletes them..

Login to Me Too

disheartened46
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting.  This morning at 8 am I added a NEW email address to my paypal account.

NOW I have been flooded with spam.  Thanks PayPal.

and I do know it is because of this because I had not even used it anywhere yet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.