Pending payments from nectar vouchers are being returned

Andy1234
New Community Member

Hi,

I cashed in my nectar points for ebay and there are a number of items I want to buy now.

Whenever I attempt to make a purchase with the points I get the message 'We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.

Looking at my ebay 'purchase history' I cannot see the new transactions made with the nectar voucher.

Logging into my paypal account I can a message 'Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. Your payment is temporarily pending while we review it.' on the transaction.

The worst issue is that once the payment is looked at the payment is just reversed so my shopping is a complete wast of time.

The other issue is once the payment is returned to pay-pal it goes back to the oldest voucher that will expire very soon so if this can not be resolved I will LOOSE my points.

If I pay with credit card the order goes through and the payment is still pending for the poor seller. This is embarressing for me as it makes me look like a poor ebayer as the seller needs to wait a few days to get my money.

Hope this is resolved soon...what sould I do next....?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Andy1234.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties recently when trying to send payments through your account after cashing out Nectar points on eBay.

It sounds like the issues you are experiencing are through the eBay website and not through PayPal. I would advise you to reach out to eBay directly and they can look into this further on your behalf.

You can contact eBay directly via Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/eBay.co.uk or through Twitter on @AskeBay

David.

Login to Me Too

tudorrose
Contributor
Contributor
I know this is an old thread but I'm having exactly the same issue today. Ebay just keeps referring back to Paypal saying contact Paypal. Everything shows up okay, vouchers deducted, remaining balance to pay via paypal but it just wont go through, says the payment option isn't available, contact Paypal, nightmare
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.