Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

debbie1968
New Community Member

hi i feel that ebay and paypal are holding my moneys to make more moneys for themselves.this rigmarole of pending is a load of ballomie,wene an item is sold thae seller should get his moneys as soon as the item goes and feedback recieved,NOT wait 3 weeks for them to release it.USE PAYPALL for a quick transaction RUBBISH try clearing the funds or you may find that it eventually back fires on you,.if we have to wait for moneys due after a sale then so should EBAY&PAYPALL.......THY MAKING IT FASTER THIS AINT A BUISSNESS ITS A SCAM TO OBTAIN AS MUCH AS EBAY&PAYPALL CAN...

@Michelle53 wrote:

Are you crazy?  That is exactly what Pay Pal and eBay want you to do.  Can you imagine, 100,000.00 of people do give up and look where that get them.  eBay and Pay Pal are making a lot of money off the interest their receiving to hold and/or invest our money all over the world.   Please, don't give up!  I will help when I can however, I am getting married to my boyfriend for years.  I have been ill for a few years and he has stood, cleaned, cooked, did everything, he never complained.  You deserve more for yourself.  I have had two or three people try to mess with me on eBay, I reported it, kept all my emails so eBay could read them, starting at the bottom.  I Pray e-Bay and Pay Pal are hearing our words.  It is impossible for those two companies, who are owned by the same investers.  Those companies want you and all those other woman not to give up.  Our families need people like you and I will do what I can.  Please, don't you give up!  Maybe this is your mission, be sure to speak politely to your seller or buyer.  Please, your given up on all of our families.  Just be sure to write down names and at the end of the conversation make sure he/she puts it down in an email so you both are sure your on the same page.  If he/she doesn't send the email, then you email her/he everyday of what you believed the conversation to be.  Be sure to tell them that you want to play by eBay's rules.  And I want to help, but you know where I am in my life.  Tell me about yours, please?   if we stay consistent, connected with you and other's like us can support one another and we will make them listen.  Oh that's right reality.  Lets just see how many emails everyone gets from this.......................Michelle

Login to Me Too

This company is an absolute joke.. They say they make no interest ... Rubbish! I'm a new seller and I've got 7 positive feedbacks.. I've got a pending balance for an item I've sold.. The item was delivered today and the buyer left positive feedback as well but PayPal won't release the funds until 3 days after its been delivered! They say they don't go on positive feedbacks anymore but the following page says they do: Go to the part that says "getting money sooner" https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/payment-holds I spoke to a manager on the phone and he said this page didn't apply to me.. Wtf?!?! Something about "ship to funds or hold" or something.. EBay and PayPal take their fee straight away when you sell but they illegally hold my money even though both me and the buyer are satisfied!! Absolute joke its making my life difficult not being allowed to HAVE MY MONEY. Surely there is something that can be done?!
Login to Me Too

KateW
New Community Member

I have been using paypal for many years now and have never had a problem requesting my money in the past.  Granted I have not used them every day or even every week but regularly enough as I sell small items both on ebay and from my websites.

However, last week, Wednesday, I was paid £500 for an item and despite the buyer confirming that the money had left their account immediately, Paypal have been holding on to it and I have still not been paid.  They tell me that this is becuase of activity on my account which is irregular compared to my previous activity and they are holding it for security reasons.  The payment was not made through ebay but was a sale from my website.

I am really annoyed about this and feel that I have been robbed.  It is my money, they have no right to hold it and did not inform me that  this was something that might happen.  Had they done so I would have used some other method of payment.

Really bad.  They must be making mega bucks in commission and interest from holding onto other peoples money. 

I will be finding another method of payment if this is how they will be operating.

shabby, shabby, shabby Paypal.  You are acting illegally and I am hugely dissappointed.

Login to Me Too

Leafar
New Community Member

You are a 100% correct we need to keep at it until they stop holding our money.

Login to Me Too

brgcoins
Contributor
Contributor

In the 3 weeks i ve been on here i ve sold 3,600 with  another 1, 400 due this week my limit.  ive sold at least 2 or 3 times to the same person and  never got paid for the first time, sorry money pending  so now they have my working capial im out the postage and it going to be  3 or 4 days after all the money is in the account before bank transfer is good all total about 30 days of inst

Login to Me Too

zq75024
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay can even take money from my paypal account directly and refund to sender who even didn't claim for anything. I have called ebay several times, and they said they are protecting buyers. What can we do?

Login to Me Too

tezm
Contributor
Contributor

i am a buyer and am well aware of the bias toward buyers..i would say EMAIL paypal and you can put your reasons etc a lot better than phoning.seems to me the number of sellers in the same boat adds up to a lot of 'interest' of the paper persuasion for paymepal..i am now going outside, i may be some time......

Login to Me Too

Temp20221224I

As everybody knows, PAYPAL SUCKS!!!  They call themselves a bank, but ROB their customers of their hard earned money for 21 days while making interest and still overcharging for their services!!!!!

Login to Me Too

techhelp
Contributor
Contributor

me too and than I wait 35 days and the buyer did not get back to paypal in the 7days so I called paypal and won the claim and now the buyer appeals but I ask the customer service can this be appealed no not at all two days later its appealed I read in the buyer protection :Buyers who fail to respond in a timely manner to our inquiries regarding a Claim will lose the Claim and lose any right to appeal

so this **bleep** again the buyers have all the rights

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

I realise that holds being placed on your money can be very frustrating. Holds are not placed to intentionally inconvenience sellers. I realise that it can be an inconvenience having your funds placed on hold for up to 21 days but there are other ways in which your money can be released.

If your payment is on hold, it could be because:

• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for less than 6 months
• You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100 and do not have a record of good performance
• You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage of 5% or greater
• You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5
• You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
• You have a high rate of customer disputes
• You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics or mobile phones

Your funds will be released within 24 hours from when one of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago

I hope this information answers some of the questions that you may have. Please let me know if you need anything else.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.