Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

lp20005
New Community Member

how has no one went to watchdog regarding this how dare paypal hold our money they have no right to it we get charged fees for using there services and yet they still think they have a right to hold our money this can not be legal i will be contacting watch dog regarding this its a disgrace i will be closing my account as soon as i have my money!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Herbiegirl
New Community Member
I've been on eBay for a number of years, this is the first time I've noticed them holding my money, I've sold the item they now have it and I still haven't been payed! I have a 100% feedback! If they are doing this they could at least inform you so as you don't post your item out till their money is cleared! Very flustrating and unnescesary ! People selling on eBay obviously want to make a bit of cash , not have it sit with PayPal !
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You may have been on ebay a number of years but are you a new seller?

If not then could it be the payment was an echeque and you have to wait for clearance, although paypal normally give you a clearing date for that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

catherineoxley
Contributor
Contributor

I am not a new seller. This was not an e check. They only excuse is that they are using my money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Look at the dates when you post, my post above you was in May and addressed to someone else.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Edited as put in wrong place.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To the last poster.

I think paypal have a lawyer or 2 to make sure its legal....LOL  Also you agreed to it when you signed up to their user agreement.

It is a pain when you are a new seller but think of it this way.  If a new seller refuses to refund a buyer for an item lost in the post or misdescribed then paypal have to refund the buyer.

So to save them constantly paying out to refund for bad sellers they hold payments till you have a good selling record and to be fair that seems sensible practice.

If you see the number of sellers on ebay stating "they are not responsible for loss in the post" then you will see why paypal have to do it.

We all went through it and to be honest as it gives buyers confidence to use paypal because of buyer protection then it means i then sold items i probably would not have done if buyers were not so confident there funds would be protected.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

owen04hair0
Contributor
Contributor

to kernolass,

Laywers dont mean anything they are there to get round the legalities of technicalities thats all , do you not think asda, tesco etc have lawyers but still they rip us off, telling you they have a sale on when they have just increased the price the weeks before then reduce it for their 'special offer' ? don't be naive,

i have been selling on ebay since 2004, i have 100% feedback, no disputes that were not mutual, more that 30 detailed seller reviews , i dont sell high risk items, i have had one listing removed as it said i was trying to sell banned knives (it was a three piece cutlery carving set, fork, knife & a steel) my money is on 21 day payment hold also , it has nothing to do with the excuses paypal are citing, it's a good money maker, paypal/ebay are heavily biased towards the buyer and offer scant protection for the seller. Once i get all of my money back i am moving to EBID who dont rip you off. I wrote an e-mail to paypal and they couldnt even be bothered to reply. it doesn't even tell you if this is tempory or permanent & how long you are on punishment for .

Its ok you saying well you only have to get feedback or chase up tracking numbers what about the 1/3 of people who dont bother leaving feedback because its just not important to them once they have their item, it doesnt mean  they are not happy !! if people are not happy they will go out of their way to write it just as i am now, i am having to put a note in my packages to ask people to kindly leave feedback, you are just creating more work.as an earlier poster said you are more likely to get ripped off with designer clothes or antiques or anything else you might buy. it's a disgrace & i will also be writing to watchdog & encourage others to do the same, nothing will be done otherwise will it, it's too easy to just let greedy businesses monopolise the market then tread on the people who got them where they are now, vote with your feet & move to a different auction site

Login to Me Too

anmm
Contributor
Contributor

paypal are holding some of my funds now, i have perfect feedback on ebay, i would not mind to much but they did it after i withdrew so im now in a negative balance by over £70.

Also the money I withdrew was from ebay / paypal anyway due to a fraudulent transaction 😞

Login to Me Too

cozz

OH MR PAYPAL

I AM REFFERING TO THE RABBIT WHO OBVIOUSLY WORKS FOR PAYPAL.AS YOU ARE CORRECT THE SERVICE PROVIDED NEEDS TO BE HANDLED WITH KIT GLOVES .NOT EVERYONE IS A SCAM ARTIST.CAN YOU TELL ME WHY SO MANY EBAY SELLERS CANT GET PAID.I BUY CONSTINTLY ON EBAY.HOWEVER I HARDLY EVER LEAVE FEEDBACK.SO WHAT I AM HEARING IS THATS WHAT HOLDS UP THE SELLERS MONEY?THATS CRAZY

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.