Lift limit problems

Piper7
Contributor
Contributor

It would appear I reached my limit. I updated the info required and had to put I was a charity business as ALL boxes had to be filled. I am not a business, just a person that uses paypal for ebay bits and bobs - nothing major.

How can I erase all mention of charity business ??

Probably not explained myself very well, but not sure what I am talking about - sorry.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi there Piper7,

If you have reached your limit and you were asked to provide us with business information, we advise that you only select non-profit or charity if you are running a non-profitable or charitable organisation through your PayPal account. You can follow the steps that I have included below in order to update the information on your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click 'Profile' at the top of the page.
3. Click the 'Business Information' or 'Personal/Business Information' link in the 'Account Information' column.
4. Click the 'Edit' button. You will be asked to complete the following information:

•  Business Type - if you are not a Business you can select 'Individual' from the drop down menu. If you only use PayPal to make online payments please select 'I only send money or pay with PayPal', enter your date of birth and click 'Save'
   •  Limited Company Number (if applicable) 
   •  Date of birth
   •  VAT number (optional)
   •  Category and subcategory - select the type of goods that you sell or might sell
   •  Anticipated average transaction price and volume
   •  Sales venue and business website (optional)
   •  Percentage of annual revenue from online sales
   •  Date business established (If you are not a business, select your account creation date or your first transaction date)

Once you have updated this information on your account, you should contact us directly to let us know of the changes. This can be done by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

I hope this information helps Smiley Happy

David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi there Piper7,

If you have reached your limit and you were asked to provide us with business information, we advise that you only select non-profit or charity if you are running a non-profitable or charitable organisation through your PayPal account. You can follow the steps that I have included below in order to update the information on your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click 'Profile' at the top of the page.
3. Click the 'Business Information' or 'Personal/Business Information' link in the 'Account Information' column.
4. Click the 'Edit' button. You will be asked to complete the following information:

•  Business Type - if you are not a Business you can select 'Individual' from the drop down menu. If you only use PayPal to make online payments please select 'I only send money or pay with PayPal', enter your date of birth and click 'Save'
   •  Limited Company Number (if applicable) 
   •  Date of birth
   •  VAT number (optional)
   •  Category and subcategory - select the type of goods that you sell or might sell
   •  Anticipated average transaction price and volume
   •  Sales venue and business website (optional)
   •  Percentage of annual revenue from online sales
   •  Date business established (If you are not a business, select your account creation date or your first transaction date)

Once you have updated this information on your account, you should contact us directly to let us know of the changes. This can be done by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

I hope this information helps Smiley Happy

David.

Login to Me Too

Piper7
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you David.

I will print your message and follow instructions a bit later.

I will let you know the outcome.

Login to Me Too

Piper7
Contributor
Contributor

Faxed Bank statement and passport and received email stating - 'Our review is complete and we have returned your
account to regular standing'

Great - but still cannot send funds as I have reached my limit and limit will not be re-set until 27/10/10.

What now?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You should not have a sending limit once you are verified, if you do please contact customer service.

Login to Me Too

ikktyl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm having trouble lifting the limits on my account. I went through the verification process and just confirmed by personal information by phone. According to the things you need to do page I don't have anything else to do until my limits can be lifted, however it's still telling me I need to confirm my information???

Please help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

It takes on average between 2 and 3 working days for the random deposit amounts to appear in your bank transactions. I will advise that if you have already completed the required steps and your limits have not been successfully lifted, you should contact us directly and we can try and resolve the issue for you.

When you are logged in to your PayPal account, please click the 'Contact Us' link. From here, you can then click the 'Call Us' or 'Email Us' option.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

alanr
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to remove a limit from my business account - I have submitted all the required docs twice and have had no replies to any of the emails I sent using the contact us forms on the web site. Is there some other step required to remove limits? I have been waiting 15 days.

Login to Me Too

alanr
Contributor
Contributor

Still waiting - despite phoning (35 minute call with 15 mins on hold), being told verbally it would be done within 24 hours. Despite sending emails using the contact us facility every few days.

I have no idea what Paypal are waiting for, or are doing, because Paypal have not communicated with me.

I never actually believed all the stories I read on the internet about paypal keeping people's money locked up with no way of getting it out.

I do now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Unfortunately the problems with lifting limits on business accounts can be quite complicated if it's to do with EU regulations. A lot of verificiation has to be completed and there can be no bending of the rules or exceptions made as these rules are not internal checks by PayPal, rather checks done on PayPal.

I hope you got your issue sorted alanr.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.