I can't login by Android Mobile App using PIN...

warzilla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've just install PayPal mobile app on my GT-9000 (Android) and after first login I setup PIN entering my mobile number linked with PayPal account and four digit pin but I can't login. I have this message "Login Failed... Invalid phone number or PIN. Please try again." but when I try enter by mobile website m.paypal.com/uk PIN and passwor work fine! I try reset PIN few time on phone and on internet website but without any effects. How can I solve this problem?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

I am going to reach out to our engineers that designed the mobile app to see if there are any know issues with it. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Richgar
New Community Member

One month later and no reply from payPal 5UCKS!!!

Login to Me Too

warzilla
Contributor
Contributor

Almost 4 moths later and still no answer? Anyone can't solve that problem? What people works on PayPal apps?

Even after deleting and adding phone number again still the same error: "Invalid phone number or PIN. Please try again" again, again and again the same...

Screenshot_2012-04-14-15-24-03.png

I'am really disappointed of how PayPal customer service works.

Login to Me Too

drremuz
New Community Member

I can  log on with my email and normal password using my Android Paypal App  but cannot log in using phone number and PIN option.

Login to Me Too

Steves_Login
New Community Member

I get the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S2. Can log in fine using the email address & password, but can't log in using the mobile number and PIN.

Have tried removing my mobile completely and readding it, still no good.

Login to Me Too

Steves_Login
New Community Member

Replying to myself... It seems if I set my phone locale to English (Australia) it works. If I set my locale to English (United Kingdom) it fails.

Sadly, I changed my local to English (United Kingdom) to work around a text to speech bug in the google navigation...

Login to Me Too

traceymm57
New Community Member

Changing the Language setting to English Australia worked for me.

Login to Me Too

GlenRK
New Community Member

I have been anoyed with the fact this never worked for me eighter.

@Steves_Login wrote:

Replying to myself... It seems if I set my phone locale to English (Australia) it works. If I set my locale to English (United Kingdom) it fails.

Sadly, I changed my local to English (United Kingdom) to work around a text to speech bug in the google navigation...

But this did the trick! Just changed from english USA to Australia and BAM, im in operation! 

Stupid Paypal app! 

why is this an issue?

AND more importantly, Why havnt paypal responded to this message ? how many months does it take to get back to you?

Login to Me Too

tttcandy
Contributor
Contributor
I get the same issue on my HTC Amaze 4G. Can log in fine using the email address & password, but can't log in using the mobile number and PIN
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.