I bought an item I did not receive and paypall dispute ruled against me! Is this the twilight zone?

JodyJohnsen
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a web service from godaddy. the deal was: I would get a game piece on facebook (farmville 2 farmbucks) and I could test a web page I had been considering for months. It seemed like a good deal. So I bought a one year service and waited. I paid with paypal as a precaution so I knew when I was charged. No game piece arrived. I sent a message to the app on facebook- owned by zynga. Nothing. 

I finally decided to call godaddy and cancel the order. godaddy respresentative said she had heard of that before but it didn't affect godaddy so she can't cancel the order or refund my money. She suggested I call facebook. No one calls facebook. I lodged a complaint with zynga and got a standard response to contact the vendor I had paid for any services not delivered. 

I tried godaddy one more time ( I wanted to activate the website but I had not received my entire order. This needed to be right before I could proceed.) godaddy really didn't have any comment except that they order could not be cancelled.I felt like a machine being spoken to by a machine.

I filed a request to credit the amount and cancel the order and waited. paypal sent me a message that the order could not be cancelled but I could file a dispute. I did. 5 days later I was informed the dispute was settled in dodaddy's favor and I would not be credited. From purchase to today has been a total of 9 days. I am well within the dispute period.

This is the part I don't get. I have never received any item for my money, not game parts or web services. The order never contained the game piece I wanted so I did not activate the web service - but paypal decides for godaddy? This is ridiculous. What is paypal for if not this? Honestly! This is your entire reason for being! 

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

piestalker
Contributor
Contributor

So you finally admit that in some cases it's safer to use an credit card .

It's just as safe to use a debit or credit card when purchasing any item on line as paypal.

Login to Me Too

suklob
New Community Member

Hello dear, 

I bought an item with ebay. But they sending my address.  But I don't get a at the moment? 

So. already took money on my account. Now how can do for this item or money?

Login to Me Too

sircmj

hi guys one item that i advertised on ebay was bought an i received an email saying the person has payed to claim the payment click on the link below and every time i do this it doesnt show no payment and looking everywhere around my account transactions i dont see no payment and when i contacted ebay they said it is processing and it has been processing for almost 2 days now. HELP

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there sircmj,

Is your email address confirmed through your PayPal account? Go to 'Profile' & click on 'My Details' , next to the email address does it show 'Confirmed'?

Also, check the eBay listing to be sure you have listed the correct email address, you can do this by following the below steps:

1. Find the item you sold and click 'Sell a similar item' under 'More Actions'.
  2. Go to the section 'Decide how you'd like to be paid', which displays the email address where the payment was sent. 

Let us know how you get on!

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.