How to send tracking number

Amalienic
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I have send my item to The buyer. On my paypal account, it says there are money. I also recieved an email saying he transfered The money. I also recieved an email saying, I need to give my shipping information, tracking number for me to recieve The money. How do I do that? Where shall I enter The tracking number?
Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Talib27
New Community Member
I am experiencing a similar problem. I received an email saying I need the tracking number then on PayPal it will say to put it in. Then I will have the money. But instead of Nigeria it is from North Carolina
Login to Me Too

DawnDeaton
New Community Member
need help I need to send a laptop can I do this from post office then enter a tracking or where n what do I do please help -
Login to Me Too

chloelbennett
New Community Member
I can see that this has happened to a few people! Please let me know what the email address and name of the person that did this? I'm going through it at the moment but I don't know whether it's a scam?! If it's the same address, I can avoid this whole situation.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL SCAM........see if yours fits any of the below.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hybadingas
New Community Member

this just happened to me, and I called PayPal to check on this. They let me know that the email that was supposedly sent by PayPal was not from PayPal - I was able to call the Post Office in time to get the delivery stopped... Silly me...

Login to Me Too

erinwms
New Community Member

Amalienic, how did you intersept your package and how long after you sent it did you call? I am a new seller just like you were and I got scamed as well. I just dropped off my package less than an hour ago and the post office already closed. I'm currently on hold waiting to talk with a CSR with USPS to see if they can stop it.

Login to Me Too

Calebdunn007
New Community Member
I'm so glad that I found this thread. I had someone claiming that they sent me $350 for items and got the spam email and everything saying to ship the items to Nigeria. Whoops. Glad the post office was already closed.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Calebdunn007, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community!

I am sorry to hear about this experience. @kernowlass post includeS really valuable information on how to avoid the most typical scams 🙂 You can also find additional information here http://ow.ly/4ngXB1

Hope this helps, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Shannamikell
New Community Member

Battlefields
New Community Member
Dam im so happy i read this tbh, they was trying to scam me like that but sum told me to follow my instinct & don't trust nigerians. So i did a lil research before i took the next step, but the dude that purchase the item on eBay stays in CA based on his eBay informations, which I knew was false information because its say ship item to lagos Nigeria in the PayPal email transaction. Always follow your instinct & make sure you ask the buyer plenty questions. Last but not the least dont ship item to any third world countries especially Nigeria. They are crooks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.