How to send gift to another country?

nooferd
Contributor
Contributor

I want to send my relative some gift.  Is it possible to add gift adress in another country? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

HazelLE13

Hi,

I tried doing it on IE and still the same result. I would like to send someone from LA california a gift however, my billing address is from another country.

if i input the gift address and attach it to my country since the country part of the form doesnt have a drop down, will it have an error? since it wont make sense.

what if i process it with the gift address with my country on it, will it be shipped to the correct address?

if not, who's gonna pay for the charges since it was not shipped to the right address??

please reply... its almost christmas and i would really like to send something to my family.

Thanks,

Hazel

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi HazelLE13,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

The ability to enter a gift address at the checkout is entirely dependent on the merchant you're dealing with.

Some merchants offer this feature and some will not, you see.

Have you tried a few different websites to see if you can find a vendor that will allow you to ship directly to LA from the UK?

Conor 

Login to Me Too

juliust

Hi Sophie, 

I tried following these steps to send an item from a UK retailer to a UK address using my card whose billing address is in the US, but when I try to add a shipping address, I am only allowed to enter a US ZIP code. How can I enter a UK postcode so that the item can be shipped locally by the retailer?

Login to Me Too

sesdave
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I have a paypal account with a UK address and bank/card details which I have had for some years.  I now live in Thailand for most of the year and am trying to buy some products online from a china online company www. banggood.com and have them shipped  to my address in Thailand. No problem with banggood account where I can detail the shipping address the problem starts when I try to pay with paypal.   How do I add my Thai address to paypal shipping addresses when Thailand isn't on the list of countries available. ? This must be the only service I have ever used which hasn't got a full list of countries for shipping. ! Another question why do I have to state the shipping address when it has already been stated on the  order with the supplier. Why is paypal requesting this information- surely you only require my billing address for the details of what I am paying for .?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi juliust,

Welcome to our community page.

I understand this situation can be annoying. You should only be able to edit the shipping address when making the payment. If you are trying to add a shipping address outside of payment process then you can’t add address outside of the country that your account is registered to.

I hope this helps. Here to help!

Arda

Login to Me Too

sesdave
Contributor
Contributor

Can a moderator please answer the problem i posted 15/11. I  have a uk account - I want to buy and send a purchase to an address in thailand. When trying to make a payment it will not allow me to add a new address in thailand as thailand is not on the list of countries selectable.  Simple question - How do I add an address in Thailand. Please try it yourself before you respond with a solution. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

nguyenbinh

Hi Arda,

I tried to add a shipping address in a foreign country while in the payment process as you suggested, but still did not work. The system automatically prompts back to my country - ie the country where I registered my account.

To be precise, my situation is the following:

I want to pay to a seller and have him ship my purchase to an US address. My paypal account is registered in the Philippines. And PayPal does not allow me to add the US address to which I want to ship my purchase.

Please explain, how can I add a foreign country shipping address IN my PayPal account. NOT in my eBay account.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

tinkerBelle620
New Community Member

How can i send gifts to other country like Philippines if its not on the list. Thank you

Login to Me Too

donny_erfan
New Community Member

I follow the sugessted steps but it doesnt work.

I enter a new shipping address yet the country default is still my residence country.

I am trying to purchase from internet, and want it deliver to a friend in UK, my residence country is Indonesia

Please advise how??

Login to Me Too

jamesnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

I am living in another country in which is different where the customer is living now.

SO how do i make a purchase in us to the customer in US too?

thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.