How long to lift receiving limits? Still waiting since October?

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

Just wondering how long it's taken for others to have their receiving limits lifted? We been asked for for countless documents - the last was my passport and a letter from my fellow directors because it seems Paypal needed confirmation that 'Phil' is short for 'Philip'...

This has been dragging on since October last year. We seem to have invested countless hours and wasted months of trading waiting for account to have it's receiving limit lifted. Checking the list the only thing that Paypal say they're waiting for is our business registration number. The resolution centre confirms they received this on the 6th December?

Help?!

And yes - we have spent hours phoning expensive help lines.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

unclr0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm waiting almost a month to lift my limits! I uploaded all the required documents and the very last step of the verification says "We will review your information. We'll contact you if we have any questions.". It's been like that since the end of February! 

This is just nonsense.

Please could you advice what I should do in this situation.

KS

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi unclrO,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.Smiley Happy

When you are lifting your receiving limit on your PayPal account it can take some time to be reviewed. If you have not yet reached your limit and you are completing the steps before you reach it then it can take 30 days to be reviewed. I do understand that this seems like a long time however as it does not affect the running of your account the timeframe is longer. If it does come to a stage where you are reaching this limit and your account will be affected your account will be automatically escalated and reviewed within 48 hours.

I hope this helps explain the wait.

Thanks for posting

Paula

Login to Me Too

unclr0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula!

Thank you so much for explaining this for me. Do the same rules apply when it comes to lifting my sending limits? Because this is what I'm trying to do actually. I'd like to purchase something using PayPayl Credit installment payment plan and it won't let me because of my sending limits being not lifted.

Thank you,

KS

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi unclr0,

Thank you for your response!

To lift your sending limits, you just need to confirm a card or a bank account linked with your PayPal account 🙂

Here you can learn more: http://ow.ly/MbwaD.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

adeniran
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Anna wrote:

Hi unclr0,

Thank you for your response!

To lift your sending limits, you just need to confirm a card or a bank account linked with your PayPal account 🙂

Here you can learn more: http://ow.ly/MbwaD.

Hope it helps.

Anna

How come I am been asked to send in my passport when I have done the following

1. Confirm identity

2. Proof of identity

3. Proof of address

4. Personal details

All that's left is for a bank account or card to be added. Will my receiving limit be lifted after this?

Login to Me Too

michiru_chuu

Hi,

I have uploded my documents to Paypal for lifting limits. How long does it take to review them? I sent a message to them through Contact Us page but no response. Please help.

Login to Me Too

JustinSomething
Contributor
Contributor

Ive been trying to follow the onscreen links, but the last link does not work.

How can i resolve an issue with PayPal, when you wont let me??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi JustinSomething,

Thank you for posting!

I’m sorry to hear this.

Regrettably I can’t see your account here. If the link doesn’t work I would recommend you trying from another web browser e.g. FireFox or IE but if that won’t help, please consider contacting us via phone. In this way we will be able to review your account and help you resolve the matter.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Elenna_1985
Contributor
Contributor

I have uploded my documents to Paypal for lifting limits. How long does it take to review them? I sent a message to them through Contact Us page but no response. Please help.

Login to Me Too

Valdo77
New Community Member

I have received an email asking to provide documents. Happy to do this, not a problem.

Expected there to be an open case in the resolution centre but no nothing. Also doesn't seem possible to raise a case and therefore upload required docs. I then thought I'd try and be proactive and do this through my profile and went into business set-up. Clicked on lift your limits and it takes me back to my account home page, so I again click business set-up and go round again.

I want to upload these documents but you need to give me the means to do so PayPal. Or at least tell me how I'm being an idiot so I can do it as I am using common sense, using your help guides etc and getting nowhere,

Not even sure if PayPal read these forums given lack of response from moderators to other queries but hopefully I'm wrong or someone else can help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.