How long to lift receiving limits? Still waiting since October?

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

Just wondering how long it's taken for others to have their receiving limits lifted? We been asked for for countless documents - the last was my passport and a letter from my fellow directors because it seems Paypal needed confirmation that 'Phil' is short for 'Philip'...

This has been dragging on since October last year. We seem to have invested countless hours and wasted months of trading waiting for account to have it's receiving limit lifted. Checking the list the only thing that Paypal say they're waiting for is our business registration number. The resolution centre confirms they received this on the 6th December?

Help?!

And yes - we have spent hours phoning expensive help lines.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

James_Doleman

Hi Valdo77

Your not being a "numpty" I have had the same issue! the site just keeps returning you to the same roundabout

I added a bank accounjt (just as a holding account so I could transfer the correct amount to a cleaner for my Cottage - I take payment for Holiday rental for my Cottage through PayPal)

Once I added the bank account and everything went through verification of Phone number etc - I withdrew money to the account - now the payment is showing as pending and has been for some time!

Now PayPal is sitting with MY money and their term of service say that it is to prevent fraud!! - or is it they are gaining interest on MY money they are holding somewhere in the ether - their terms also state that the money may be refunded if their team suspect fraud - that would mean I (as the seller) lose the money from my rental and my renter has a free holiday!!!

Won't be reccommending PayPal any time soon

Login to Me Too

AdamMiltonBarke
Contributor
Contributor

I am in need of getting this limit lifted very quick, my whole Indiegogo campaign is held up due to this I have emailed customer services, I have uploaded all documents and no reply at all please can someone check the documents and just lift it please. I have already gone through all verification it seems a bit strange to have to do it again. 

Login to Me Too

AdamMiltonBarke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have sent two emails asking for help on this, the first was two or three days ago and no response, I saw in some other comments it says that as it isnt affecting the account they may not be reviewed for a month. It is affecting my account for personal reasons I have to get a crowdfunding campaign going now. I have everything ready apart from the lifting of my yearly limit. The emails both said I would get a reply within 24 hours which has not happened. I am staying at a friends house at the minute and not allowed to call high rate numbers. I cannot stress how important it is to have this limit lifted. Paypal can you help please.

Login to Me Too

AdamMiltonBarke
Contributor
Contributor

Really not sure what is going on here. On logging in to account it tells me I have a dispute, going to the dispute area there is no dispute, going back to where it says Manage My Money it shows a limit still, going into manage money it says lift limit, going into that page shows all green, a big green box saying Congratulations! You have successfully lifted your withdrawal and receiving limits. Yet everywhere else on the website it says that I still have a limit. Is this limit gone or is it not ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi AdamMiltonBarke,

Thank you for posting!

I’m sorry to hear this.

The standard review time is 24 – 72 hours. If you are waiting longer, please consider contacting us via phone. In this way we will be able to review your account and help you resolve the matter. Before calling, please check your account, if the limit wasn’t lifted in the meantime.

Hope you won't need to wait much longer.

Anna

Login to Me Too

smittennana
Contributor
Contributor

iv tryed phoning about my limit getting lifted and cant get a answer i sent my id away on 21st may and have emailed and just keep getting a automated email back it says my id i sent is still in progress everything else has a tick dont know what the hold up is iv even enterd the 4 digit code that was sent to my bank.as my account had been limited and i wanted to get the buy now and pay later.

Login to Me Too

smittennana
Contributor
Contributor

iv had the same thing done to me iv sent my id iv had no reply iv emailed them and i get a automated email back saying to go to restolution centure iv even tryed to phone them and cant get a answer on the phone.iv been with themsince 2008 it rediculious.

Login to Me Too

FluffnStuff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

need to know how long does it normally take to lift limits? I have completed all the necessary and got all green ticks but my account is still limited and has been for a few weeks now. I have emailed paypal 3 times about it and i have had an email back stating they have received my email and will be in touch within the next 24-48 hours, however i hear nothing back from them. I need to access my account for my business (which is suffering due to the limitations on my account). 

If anyone can help id be eternally greatful.

Regards

Lou

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi FluffnStuff,
Welcome our UK community page 🙂
Sorry to hear that. I would recommend contacting to our customer solutions team by phone. If all of the requirements are completed we will be able to remove your limitation right away. Calls are free on 0800 358 7911. We're open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, from 8am to 9pm on Saturday and from 9am to 9pm on Sunday. Otherwise, you can call the Dublin Help Centre directly on 00353 1 436 9004. Rates from overseas landlines and mobiles may vary.
Thanks for posting.
Arda

Login to Me Too

FluffnStuff
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Arda 🙂 i will give them a ring now 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.