How do I register a dispute without an account

john65
Contributor
Contributor

I've ordered a battery using paypal direct credit card payment i.e. not through a paypal account.

The battery hasn't arrived and I now want to register a dispute. I've contacted paypal who wrote back to say I need to raise a manual dispute and to ring the premium rate number. I've wrote back to ask for instructions on how to do so - like they do for paypal accounts. I did ring the premium rate number, but this goes through an automated call system that got stuck when requesting card details. I stopped using my paypal account several years ago after getting ripped off - looks like I'm about to go through the same again.

Can anyone help.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

john65
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know how to open a dispute for an order placed via paypal using a credit card.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there john65,

I just moved your other post here as it's the same question.

If you want to open a dispute regarding a payment made outside of your PayPal account you should be able to do this via email once the email address you used to send the payment is the same as the email address you are contacting us by.

Advise the agent that the payment was a once off outside of your account and to look for other payments made using your email address. They can then locate the payment.

If you used a different email address when making the payment you would have to contact us by phone as we would have to locate the payment using your card details and I would strongly advise sending your card details via email.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

johnmcauliffe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have the same issue. Can you explain this further as I didn't understand your post - who do I contact? I tried to email customer service but I just received a generic reply about how to open a dispute at the resolution centre and for this I need a transaction number but there isn't one on payment confirmation email, only a receipt ID. I also tried to call customer services but it's no use as it isn't possible to speak to someone and the robot on the line just directed me back to the resolution centre and transaction ID saga. 

Why is there no information regarding opening a dispute with this type of purchase on your web site?

I would appreciate a response as it's a month since I ordered goods that have not been delivered. 

John.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

If you try to call again try saying “agent” and this can help you get through.

In your email did you mention that you did not have a PayPal account?

You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to file a dispute, so you may be best calling if it’s this close to the timeframe.

Login to Me Too

fdsa99
New Community Member

Hi Lucy,

I opened a manual dispute, and then created an account using the same email, but I can't see/follow the status of this dispute on my account!!

I want to esclate to a claim, and I have no clue how to do this without the escalation button??

thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

The case won’t show on your own account.

You will only see the case in the new account that you set up with that email address.

If you are unsure of the account you just set up with this case then call PayPal and the case can manually be escalated on your behalf.

Login to Me Too

Sbar824
New Community Member
My mom ordered a pair of she's off the site kixify and it sent her thorough PayPal to make her payment. The shoes were never sent and she was scammed out of 250 dollars. She doesn't have an account and used her credit card. It's impossible to find an email or to get through on the phone to file a dispute. Please help! She's running out of time and kixify is no help at all. They want us to go through PayPal and it's impossible.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sbar824

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.