Parcel Lost in Post - What do I do???

SerendipityFae
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I recently purchased an item from France using Paypal.  It was sent to me using express international delivery via Colissimo.  Tracking shows it arrived safely in the UK, that it was cleared by customs and that it was in the international hub being processed.  Needless to say this parcel hasn't arrived. 

I contacted Parcelforce who looked into this and later confirmed that the parcel had been lost in their system.  They advised me to contact the seller in order that they may file a claim on my behalf.  I did as advised and the seller initiated a claim with Colissimo accordingly.  Communications with the seller have been a little difficult as i don't speak French, and they don't speak English.  I chased the matter up via email today - from what I can gather the seller has not heard back from Colissimo as yet - but they offered me store credit amounting to the cost of the good.  They did not however offer to refund the postage costs - which were quite substantial - and would have to be paid again if I decide to use this credit.  This doesn't seem right to me!? 

I am wondering whether given the circumstances I should file a dispute via Paypal.  Any advice you can offer would be greatly apprecaited - thanks 🐵

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You only have up to 45 days to file a claim with paypal for non receipt of item.

So i would start the dispute now but let the seller know it is just a precaution BUT REMEMBER to escalate to a claim before 20 days is up if the item has not arrived or the seller not refunded.

Then the seller still has another 10 days before either he has to refund or you get refunded by paypal.

If the item turns up after you have been refunded you can always re-pay the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi SerendipityFae

If you havent received your item and it was purchased within 45 days ago you could file a dispute for item not received

Login to Me Too

gjg88
New Community Member

Did your package ever arrive? I just had the exact same thing happen with Colissimo, only it was on an item sent to the states. After waiting over a month with no product, I eventually was forced (by the deadline date) to file a claim with paypal, which I won. Curiously, although the tracking from Colissimo stated it had entered the US, there was no record of the item with the local delivery company (USPS). I wonder if this is some sort of scam with Colissimo or they are just a very poor choice for shipping items overseas?

Login to Me Too

k9SAINT
New Community Member

The very same thing just happened to me. Colisimo.fr "tracking" shows that the parcel is at my local post office but when I put in the registered number at the USPS site, the number isn't found. I truly believe the parcel was stolen by postal workers in France and the jerks continued tracking it through to the USA, not knowing it's obvious the USPS wasn't the one barcoding this information since the parcel never actually physically showed up here in the USA. It makes me so mad. It isn't the seller's fault that there are crooks in his postal system but I'm not going to sit still and take the 187.00 euros hit either.

Login to Me Too

Jilly12
New Community Member

I have just had a similar experience although I had actually posted my parcel back from Marseilles to New Zealand.  I just don't understand why one of my parcels in plain brown packaging and one in a Collissimo box and my friends packages in Collissimo boxes all posted on same day from the same La Poste arrived home safely except for my Collissimo package.   I don't want to think that the postal workers have stolen it, but the tracking number simply doesn't show up in any of the courier or Post office tracking systems here.  It is a very disappointing end to a wonderful holiday in France,

Login to Me Too

FatBob
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something on ebay and sent  it by Colissimo, the buyer signed for the delivery in good condition.

They then contacted me saying the jiffy bag was empty.

I contacted and filled in the online report on the Colissimo website three times over three weeks and they still have not replied.

Ebay refunded the buyer.

So today I looked for a phone number and even though I speak French (badly) I found a no surcharge telephone number and it is an English speaking hotline.

Saucy young filly gave me an email address to send a scan of the proof of despatch - she said "That's an S for saucy and M for mother and B for baby" etc I thought it amusing.

So to phone from UK: 0033 9727 212 13

The email address she gave is: not allowed here contact me for it.

Hope this helps those who would prefer to speak English to Colissimo.

Login to Me Too

kriszti71

I had 2 items gone missing from the box in the last 6 months. I live in Ireland and purchased the items from France. The first one was an emerald platinum ring 500EU,second item pearl platinum ring. Both times the sender was using EG priority service which supposed to en route from France to UK after Ireland.The packages were fully sealed with brown packaging tape a so the thief had to use razor or sharp knife to open it. The second time my delivery man was the witness when opened the package and the box was empty so he advised me to return and took the package. What I noticed: when the package on route stops in the UK for inspections or scan the items go missing. I have no problem when the parcel comes directly from France to Ireland.It is a very frustrating situations because I was not able to claim the money for the lost items. Now I'm waiting nervously because i just purchased a watch and got shipped with Colissimo ,when I tracked shows left France  5 days ago but has not arrived to Ireland yet.I do not know what to do where should I complain, or just get a solicitor if my item will go missing again?Is it worth it?I lost 800EU so far.

Login to Me Too

betrieb
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having an issue with Colissimo where I sent something with them to Paris from Germany. The tracking claimed that the address would be incomplete and that the parcel would be sent back to the sender. Now I'm waiting for nearly 4 weeks for the return with nothing happening. Have called the same number as posted by @FatBob with no luck. The lady on the phone explained to me exactly what I already knew from the tracking: The parcel could not be delivered and has been returned to the sender. No further information, no other contact details for invesitgation. Went to the french post branch with the same answer and no further details. Have filled out the form on their website requesting inquirey but only received standard automatic replies. Their customer service is very frustrating and they claim they speak English but really they don't! That email address would be very helpful to have.

@FatBob Could you sent me the email address? I don't seem to have the privilige to send private messages. Maybe you can post the email address here withouth @?

Login to Me Too

FatBob
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is the one

scinterpsmb.clp*laposte.fr

replace star.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.