Error message: 'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

sojmed
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to a friend with a paypal account from my paypal account. I get the message:

'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

What does this mean? Do I keep trying? Why can't paypal send my payment? Can I contact someone to find out what's going on?

Login to Me Too
71 REPLIES 71

JefferyBil
New Community Member
It keeps on saying," We're sorry, but we can't send you payment right now. Please try again later." I have been trying later. I don't have a bank account connected on it because I don't own one. I have $90 in my account and $125 pending from eBay. I want to spend my $90. I am a trusted eBay seller and I have never disregarded the conditions as a seller. Please help me ASAP. I need my money.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230112M
New Community Member

SIR WHY CANT I SEND MONEY?

Login to Me Too

roxkpbi
New Community Member

Dear coroner, 

This is aimed at you. I am PayPal member since one month. I set up personal account and made some small money transfer of few hundred USD for goods purchased from USA . It went all too smoothly, problem started when I needed to send aprox 4300.00 to USA. My transaction was declined with same error message.Then I contacted customer care several times and did followings as I was told to resolve the problem. But most irritating is the fact that at one time I am told ofmonly one step/ thing to do and when I stuck up on next then only told about next, whereas in advance I told them that I want to send this much funds to USA for this purpose. Any how here are the things I was told to do and I did , but keep in mind For one step each time I had to contact customer care :

1. In spite of sending money by email ID as I was told I  requested the PayPal requisition from the USA party on my email ID.I was told it will get my transaction through .. but it did not.

2. Then I was told to try after 48 hours , did not help.

3. Then I got some limit message and and converted my account to Business account and linked credit card and bank account and verified same. .. no result.

4. Then I was told that my credit card limit may be the reason so I link my debit card.Linked debit card .. no result.

5. Then while trying to make transaction I got message that I should link another debit or credit card to make instant payment. I linked 1, then 2 then 3 credit cards all in my name .. no result.

6.Then I connected customer care for knowing the reason she keep me hold for 15 min.. but in end have no idea why my transaction is not getting through. Only I listened is its because My account is new and transaction is big that can be reason. I asked what I can do ? Reply was I can try again maybe it gets through or I should send through bank.. amazing answer .. I asked if new account is issue my father have older account can I send by that .. answer was I am not sure ..

7. Then tried again ..declined. 

8. Then tried to send lesser amount, part of the payment that was 2000usd , declined.

9 Yesterday night I was asked about feedback I mentioned Almostall of this ..no reply of confirmation.

And all of this happens when " ALL THE PAYEMNTS I MADE IN PAST AND TRYING TO MAKE THIS TIME IS TO THE USA GOVT SITES.SPLECIALY CURRENT IS AIMED TO USNDEPARTMENT OF STATE" IF THAT IS NOT SECURE THEN I DONT KNWO TWAHT CAN BE DEFINATION OF SECURE AND SAFE PAYMENT.I EVEN HAVE INVOICE FROM STATE DEPARTMENT OF SOUTH DAKOTA ..

And as I am almost contacting customer care daily yesterday night I tried to contact since 8:30 PM few times line got disconnected after getting through then finally I got through at 8:50 and punched that one time password and told to wait..by then waiting itnwas 9:00 the end time of customer care .. and I was disconnected without a word or any intimation. Is that a world class service from world class organisation.

So kindly let me know  what to do and how can I get my transaction through??As you know government payments are time sensitive And It me who insisted on PayPal mode of payment and now even csant ask for other mode Kindly advise in time so that my dealing is not cnpancelled by selling party 

thanks 

with regards,

Login to Me Too

gcollings81
New Community Member

Paypal is really **bleep** me off!!...why cant i send money to my friends..i called the customer care and they are all novice..they cant fix an error..why would a business trust you guys with its finance.when certain transactions needs to be done and it gets messed up..I have lost a lot because of this your security system that your so called employee cant even fix.Better improve on this else other payment solution would overide u guys!!!

Login to Me Too

Carbon2014
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, Can't seem to send money from paypal to another... is there a fix for this?

Login to Me Too

ripsnore

same here - have had a business account for 8 years.  Now cannot send 100 pounds to a friend.  Its been a week.

Login to Me Too

Dannyflores
New Community Member
I am having the same problem. Why?
Login to Me Too

Abuchidomm05

Paypal_Concur Please am also having this kind of issue and will like ur assistance

Login to Me Too

MrClean697
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I have the money in my account and it is confirmed but keeps saying the payment can't be sent. I've been on hold on the phone for over an hour with PayPal now trying to figure out what's going on.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi All,

I would like to clarify that to provide one of the safest online payment services, PayPal review every payment before it's approved. In the review, it takes into account every part of the payment. Occasionally, it must stop a payment. This is similar to the way other banks and credit card companies work.

When a payment is stopped, it's not a reflection of the account activities, but rather PayPal's noticed a pattern associated with higher-than-normal risk.

Here are some things that you can do that may help:

• Try to send the payment at a later date
  • Try to send the payment using a different card/bank to fund the payment if possible
  • Add the money from your bank to your PayPal balance and then try sending the payment from there if possible
  • Get verified, unless you've already done so

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.