Echeque refund

Wrenny1210
I've had a problem with something I bought on eBay. Long story short, I paid through PayPal and he refunded straight away asking me to send to a different account. The refund said it'd take a week so we waited. On the day the refund was supposed to go through it came through as declined as he didn't have enough funds in his account it said. He's still not sent the item so I've asked for a refund. He's finally done it but it's come through as Echeque which is pending for a week. Is there still a chance this might not clear or has it already debited from his bank? I'm worried 😕
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes it could fail again.

If it does then don't worry as you have up to 45 days to file a dispute on ebay or paypal for item not received.

And if the seller still does not refund then you should be refunded by ebay or paypal under their buyer protection programme. 

I would wait and see if the echeque clears first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wrenny1210
Great thank you. I've already raised a case through eBay as couldn't get a response out of him otherwise. Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.