Cannot cancel a pending paypal transaction.

slashin
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from a website and the transaction has been pending for a long time. I want to cancel the payment, so i can order again. There cancel button doesnt appear under action and i dont want to to order another one then the pending transaction completes and i get 2.

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

badger99
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone know how to cancel a pending transaction?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally if it says pending it means you have sent an echeque and have to wait for it to clear to the seller.

An echeque is sent directly from a bank account but as there is no back up card registered with paypal you have to wait for it to clear.

It also happens if your card is out of date and needs updating.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nitram3
Contributor
Contributor

no place to cancel a pending payment

Login to Me Too

olladysloshpot
Contributor
Contributor

Have a pending order and the seller told me the ORDER did not go through and PayPal must refund. The seller, PetShed said there was a miscommunication between PAyPal and them, and my order to PetShed did not go through. I checked their website and it did not..for some reason, so 25.90 will be pending forever as no order was generated. Solutiions anyon e. There is only Pending on my account under this transaction and nothing elese, no option to cancel..nothing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi olladysloshpot, 

Your seller has the option to cancel a pending authorisation. If for some reason they can not, most pending authorisations time out after 29 days. Once it has timed out the pending status will change from pending to cancelled. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

kimchiberger691
Contributor
Contributor

i recently cancelled my order with the seller. they quickly cancelled my order on their website. BUT the payment on my paypal is still pending. it has not been cancelled and it has been past 9 days. so does this mean that if i deposit money in my card that is linked to my paypal- will it automatically pay for the cancelled order? 

Login to Me Too

kiril555

Hello, i recently received a Pedning transaction form a payee, and due to some issues with the method i want this transaction canceled. I tried to contact the customer service , and all i got was an autorespond and a threat about legal actions against me because someone made a mistake and i have to pay , which i can assure you will not happen. So the thing is , i havent received any money , transaction is pending , and i want it canceled. please see what can be done, because the guys at your customer support clearly dont want to help me and i will not pay a single cent, because someone failed to inform me about certain changes regarding the payment.

Login to Me Too

dewilarasati29
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

in 27 May 2016 I buy something to the online shop with payment method is bank fund transfer via my Paypal Account,in the payment guide PayPal said I should transfer the amount money to my PayPal bank account,then as the money have been received by Paypal(process 1-2 working days) ,then the money will be directly paid to the online store.After that i just transfer the amount of money to my Paypal account.After that I cancel the payment in my Paypal account since i just found the other which price is better ,Then I have  canceled the payment(when the transaction in Paypal still pending ) .Then Paypal email me that the transaction have been canceled,and in that day ,the store also said the fund is not yet come to their account.In the 30.05.2016 as I checkk my online bank account the PayPal have been put my money  from my bank account ,but the balance in my PayPal account is not increaning yet!Please help me to solve this problem

Login to Me Too

DGardoque
New Community Member

I responded to my seller, I have the same issue as well. I've ordered on the August 24th, its now September 13th. It says it's still pending, I thought I didn't have the sufficient funds or something, but will it cancel by the September 23rd from pending to cancelled? I've also looked at my account, I've been been taken away 48$ twice for NON- sufficient funds. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.