Buying from China and paying by PayPal. How am I protected?

nevillepaul
Contributor
Contributor

I am planning to purchase items from a company in China That accepts PayPal payment.

Will PayPal release my money to them before goods are shipped, or before I have confirmed receipt of items?

I am very dubious about the chinese, as I've purchased and paid by other means and they have not sent the items.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

Once the payment is for a tangible item and is sent as a payment for goods then you will be covered under Buyer Protection. If you do not receive the items or they are 'Not as Described' you can file a dispute within 45 days of the original transaction.

Login to Me Too

nevillepaul
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Very much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

James2011
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently in the situation of the item being Not as Described. However, because it is in China I am having to return the item fully tracked before I see a refund of any kind, on top of this I also had to pay duty/VAT on the item. The website I bought it from didnt let you know it was from China and claimed to be UK based. Even if I get a refund I'm still out of pocket for sending the item back and paying duty on it. Both these costs are more than the refund.

You're protected but expected to cover the costs of returning the item, which in some cases cost more than the item. Be very very careful. And it the seller your using is 'kasicraft' then I suggest staying well away.

Login to Me Too

nevillepaul
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, aparently the Chinese are not to be trusted. They are such a closed and archaic society, it seem as if they can do anything and get away with it without repercussions from us on the outside.

Beware of a so-called company calling themselves Jinnuo Technology Co., Ltd. selling SD cards and Computer Memory Sticks.

Login to Me Too

jackiescakes
New Community Member

hi,i payed for a pair of shoes,then got a email saying the person was no longer got account,how do i get my money back,thanks jc.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

You can open a dispute on PayPal by following the steps below.

To open a dispute on a transaction, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Resolution Centre' near the top of the page.
3. You will have the option of:
• Clicking the ‘Dispute a Transaction’ button, or
• Clicking the heading ‘Report a Problem’ and then clicking the ‘Report a Problem’ button.
4. Select ‘Item dispute’ and click ‘Continue’.
5. Click the 'Find transaction ID'. A new window displays your transaction history.
6. Click the ‘Transaction ID' you want to dispute.
7. Click ‘Continue’ and follow the instructions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.