Accidently deleted PayPal from my bank account as a direct debit . . .

djl
Contributor
Contributor

I've accidently deleted PayPal from the direct debit section of my online banking account. I contacted my bank to get them to make PayPal a direct debit again but they've told me that it's down to PayPal to set a direct debit up??

Payments when using PayPal are getting paid as now my card is being charged instead.

The problem i have though is that every PayPal transaction i do shows up on my statement from my bank with too much info such as the name of who i'm paying etc.

Prior to this it just used to show up on my bank statement as 'PayPal Payment' with no other information.

I really do need to have the direct debit re-setup again so as my statements show only 'PayPal Payment' with no other information.

Can you help me?

Many Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

hi djl,

If you have accidently deleted your direct debit mandate for your bank account you will need to remove your bank account and re-add it to your account. To remove your bank account you will need to go to your profile tab on your PayPal account.

Once you have removed your bank account and re-added it you will then be given the option to "to confirm" or "set up bank funding". This will then give you the option to fill out your direct debit mandate again and will initiate to the two random deposits again.

Please understand that the only way to set up the direct debit mandate is to re-confirm your bank account.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

sowow225
New Community Member

Hi Paula,

This very same thing happened to me too, but when I try to remove my bank account it always says that it cannot be removed due to a pending transaction, even when I haven't brought anything for months! How can I get around this problem? I only have one bank account so can't just add another one. Any help and I would be grateful! Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi sowow225,

If you are receiving this error message and there are no payments pending I would suggest that you send us a quick email via the contact us link. In your email you should state that you are receiving the error message and that you authorise PayPal to remove your bank account from your PayPal account. You must also state the last four digits of the bank account you would like removed even if it is the only bank account registered.

Once we receive your email we can remove then remove the bank account on your behalf.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

natalie12
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome.

I have a question about my bank account.
Can I remove them? The PayPal account, I have two accounts and I would like one removed. Do you know how to do?
I read a lot on the forum but there are answers about: debit and credit cards! And I mean a bank account!

Please help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there!

All you need step by step is here - 

Here’s how to remove a bank from your PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money.’
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Bank accounts.’
  5. Click ‘Remove’ next to the bank you want to remove.
  6. Review your account information, and then click ‘Remove.’ 

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.