45 day dispute limit

oldguv
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have decided that there is nothing they can do for me as I failed to open a dispute within the 45 day time limit. Despite the seller sending messages begging me to be patient and that the item may be delayed because of extra security after the bombs in packages . Now because of the Christmas New Year celebrations I open a dispute 3 days late, Paypal say they can't help. Some way to treat their customers!

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

oldguv
Contributor
Contributor

I opened this dispute in 2011. Guess you didn't read the date. They weren't in a rush to do the right thing !

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I was replying to adel_314 THE POST ABOVE MINE and NOT you. So yes I did see the date OF THAT POST.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

adel_314
Contributor
Contributor

Well I don't know who the 180 limit apples to but not to me.  I raised a dispute two days ago and after not receiving any acknowledgement I went to the "resolutions tab" and the dispute had been removed and the reason given was that the transaction was over 45 days old.

So from my perspective there is still a 45 day limit - well as of yesterday anyway!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Depends when your transaction was, if it was BEFORE Jun 17th then the 45 days applies, if it was AFTER then you have 180 days. It is for UK only users at the mo although I know US ones are joining it soon.

I copied this from a bit of the email i received back in Jun/July.Have underlined the relevant bit.

Buyer Protection

If an eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, our Buyer Protection will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs. Buyer Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal.

For more information, see our User Agreement

Examples

You bought a book but got a DVD, you bought a new item but got something that was used, you purchased 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged in transit, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a knock-off instead. Tell us.

Guidelines

If the seller has accurately described an item, but you’re just not happy with it, if you fail to open a dispute within 180 days of purchase, or if your account is not in good standing, you are mostly likely not covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

adel i just found this in the user agreement >>> so if you are in the UK i would appeal the fact they closed your dispute after 45 days UNLESS the transaction was before June when it started.

Open a Dispute

Open a Dispute within 45 days (or, if you are claiming as a registered UK resident user of PayPal, 180 days)of the date on which you made the payment for the purchase you would like to dispute. We may refuse to accept any Dispute that you open in relation to that purchase after the expiry of that period (please be aware of this if you agree a delivery time of an item or performance of a service with the Payment Recipient that falls after the expiry of that period).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.