PayPal UK Community Chat - 13/04/2016.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

Please feel free to join our UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 13th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

Until then, this thread will be locked but you will be able to reply and ask any questions from 4pm GMT.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Seeings as this seems to have not "taken off" yet I will ask a couple of questions.

First one is >>>

If someone has closed a paypal account but failed to remove their bank accounts / cards then they can't add them to a new account.

BUT if they contact customer services can and will they be able to remove them for them from that old closed account??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Second one >>>

Can you sell on a personal account AND keep your seller protection?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Kernowlass.

Yes if a customer closes a PayPal account with financial information active on the closed account, the information can be removed from a closed account once a review has been completed.

It also needs to be considered that financial information can only be added to three different PayPal accounts. When a card or bank is attempted to be added to a third different PayPal account, our system automatically disables the information from being added to any future accounts due to security reasons.

Hope this answers your question.
David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Thank you for that  Smiley Happy

And the second question?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again Kernowlass.

Yes, once the payment is sent to the seller as a goods transaction and the payment is showing as 'Eligible' under the Seller Protection section on the transaction details page, they will be covered under our Seller Protection Policy. This would be once a tracking number is provided in the event of a case being filed and once the item was posted to the correct address on the transaction details page.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.