PayPal Community Chat - June 6, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 6th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

would you be able to look into the transaction for me

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jpscas2001 wrote:

would you be able to look into the transaction for me

Hi @jpscas2001,

I regret that we can't offer account-specific assistance via the forum. If you need help interpreting what you're seeing, I'm happy to help. Otherwise, you can ask for help from customer support. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MossD
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I want to know why PayPal wants to charge me $3 to send money to a friend from my bank account. It says credit cards cost money but bank accounts are free, but I AM sending from my bank account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@MossD wrote:

Hi I want to know why PayPal wants to charge me $3 to send money to a friend from my bank account. It says credit cards cost money but bank accounts are free, but I AM sending from my bank account.

Hi @MossD,

Thank you for your question! I'm sorry to hear there's any confusion regarding fees.

Is the friend in a different country? Funds that are sent across borders do result in a fee.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

MossD
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I'm Canadian, she's American and we are both living in two different other countries currently, so yeah, I guess that is is. It would be good if the explanation about the fee was more accurate. I didn't see it say anywhere that sending to another country required a fee, just a thing saying to send from a bank account instead of a credit card. Anyway, thanks. Maybe they will accept some cryptocurrency instead.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@MossD wrote:

Well, I'm Canadian, she's American and we are both living in two different other countries currently, so yeah, I guess that is is. It would be good if the explanation about the fee was more accurate. I didn't see it say anywhere that sending to another country required a fee, just a thing saying to send from a bank account instead of a credit card. Anyway, thanks. Maybe they will accept some cryptocurrency instead.

Hi @MossD,

I'm sorry for any confusion! In the Fees page on the Canadian site, there is a section labeled Sending in Canada, and another section labeled Sending Internationally. As the fees are different depending on that factor, that's the way it's broken down. I can definitely see how the eye might miss the headers of the sections. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday June 8th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, June 13th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.